Bombers Support in QLD

To those going to the game today, give us a feel for the level of Bomber support at the ground. We have always had a big base in QLD so it will be interesting to see if the Bomber fans are out in force at the GABBA. I think we nearly had 50% of support at our last game in 2011, whilst non holiday period may impact the traveling base, still keen to know what our support is like in the ground today?.

I’m heading to the game now

I’ll update you when we get there

Always have strong support in Qld. I am heading to the game with 8 family members, all Bomber supporters.

Wouldn’t suprise me if we outnumber local Bears supporters today.

I’m talking my time. Going to park and ride from Mt. Gravatt.

I’m here, today. Isn’t that all that matters?

I'm here, today. Isn't that all that matters?

Essendon, clap clap clap

Always have strong support in Qld. I am heading to the game with 8 family members, all Bomber supporters.
Wouldn't suprise me if we outnumber local Bears supporters today.

I used to work in the industry and at that time (10 yrs ago) Essendon was comfortably the biggest supported club in SE QLD apart from Brisbane of course. This was based on some AFL research of supporter size in SE QLD.

Essendon, clap clap clap
You have to keep it simple for the plebs.

I'm heading to the game now
I'll update you when we get there

Love yer work B, you're a sensational supporter.

Respect to all the fans who've shelled out for the flights to Brisvegas ....

I`ll be there as will my two Bomber supporting sons, staying at the Wellington waiting to head to the ground

Essendon fans outnumbering Brisbane fans today

We are very close to half the crowd (given some will come incognito) but we will be the noisiest.

We are very close to half the crowd (given some will come incognito) but we will be the noisiest.

Awesome to hear! Hope all of you really pump up the boys so we can come home with the 4 points

I fully appreciate how the seat setup here (mixed colours) disguises disgraceful attendances now.

I live in QLD and will not be attending.

Sorry.

Can this become an interstate/travel thread?

I’ve got flights and accom sorted for the game against Port Adelaide, tickets aren’t on sale yet but I feel when they do they will sell very quickly.

I haven’t been interstate for a game - where do you find out essendon supporter areas/buy tickets away from the local ferals?

To those going to the game today, give us a feel for the level of Bomber support at the ground. We have always had a big base in QLD so it will be interesting to see if the Bomber fans are out in force at the GABBA. I think we nearly had 50% of support at our last game in 2011, whilst non holiday period may impact the traveling base, still keen to know what our support is like in the ground today?.

At least 40% were Essendon supporters. It was a bit hard to tell because many (presumably) Lions supporters didn't wear any gear/team colours.

Our level of support was awesome and exceeded my expectations. 

Given The Gabba don‘t believe in playing the winning opposition‘s theme more than once, the spontaneous renditions at the German Club afterwards were fun. The only solidly-packed part of the ground was the 100+ metre arc of Bombers at ground level, from cheer squad goals to our race.

26 000 was more than showed up to blues v saints.

Good crowd for what the gabba pulls these days, and more essendon than Brisbane by my count.

Brisbane only likes winners, you won’t get over 30 k until they start rigging the salary cap and letting them put iv drips back in their arms to win flags again, they move between codes up here based on who is winning, everyone is a roar supporter this week.

The boundary umpire and his mates tried his best to gift them a win but wasn’t enough, lucky because Brisbane fans still clap. The the theme song because they don’t know the words.