Bombers v Giants Los Angeles

If this happens the deal should be we hang onto all of our money that is scheduled for redistribution to gwis

I strongly prefer a Round 1 home game to unfurl the premiership flag.

11 Likes

Ha, I like your optimism. The AFL will schedule us for a 4 day break on the back of playing in LA on the lead in to anzac day

2 Likes

Apparently a GWS home game.

2 Likes

or why not play the game a week before the season starts type deal, still for points.
and get a 2 week break between rd 1 and 2

2 Likes

If we are doing this, week one really is the best time. In past years the AFL has even broken up round 1 into two weeks and it wouldn’t be the worst thing to have us play week 1 and have a two week break before round 2.

That said, fark this idea and fark carlton

If it’s GWS homegame then at least we would never have to play at Rooty Hill again.

Bye rounds in LA…yeah should be good for conditioning of players

Hope it’s San Francisco. Great city. LA not so much…

4 Likes

LA is a dumb choice. Even NFL franchises struggle to be profitable there. SF would be a better idea.

The photo opportunity of getting LeBron in an Essendon jumper would be amazing! Actually given we are sponsored by Under Armour, more likely to be Steph…

6 Likes

GWS lead initiative. Sheeds has played a conduit between the two clubs to get it off the ground.

1 Like

Should play it in Boston. Sports crazy town

1 Like

Sounds moronic, hopefully it’s not counted as a home game either.

Just settle on playing well in Australia before trying this overseas rubbish

2 Likes

The Essendon Administration have totally lost the plot if they are seriously contemplating such an event! How many Premiership contenders have agreed to travel overseas for points…NIL! Why? Because it too disruptive to the ‘main game’ of winning the flag.:angry::rage:

11 Likes

SF is an open sewer these days

Don’t worry Essington will play in place of us in the following round.

Considering the article states that X has already signed the paperwork I’d suggest the club is more than just considering it.

I don’t see the point in it, but if we are to do this California is the perfect place. there are a ton of expats living there and the CAFL is quite a good league so there is definitely lot of people that know the game.

You must visit the wrong parts.

1 Like