Bombers v.s Cats Review Thread - Neelded to find a way

Doesn’t sound like Greene will come up. But yeah, watching the jets go about their work is an absolute pleasure, sometimes you can’t help but sit back and admire a master at work.

One of the good things about the game was our tackling.

Usually when we tackle an opposition player they are able to either break free or still dispose of the ball or give away a free kick for high tackle (I reckon we give away more free kicks for high tackles that any of other team). Last Saturday we made the tackles stick and apart from a couple didn’t give away free kicks for high tackles.

played players on form … check
played youngsters … check
played with the defensive effort of the modern game … check
played with a better mix/combo of players… check

and shock horror look at the result.

I don’t know what’s worse, the fact it’s taken this long for somoene at the club to twig on that ■■■ this rocket sceince approach may just work.

or the fact that so many people after the game were like, ■■■ imagine when we get daniher and hurley and yada yada back.
if those two above specifically played, we’d have lost the game.
i know it won’t happen, but those 2 should go back to the vfl until they can hit a target, but more important put on the same level of defensive pressure as we saw last week.

I’d rather go and watch a team full of dea’s and mckernans who bust their ■■■■■■■ arses off, above and beyond a finger twirling prima dona and supposedly an AA defender who can’t kick or defend, just cos they are "senior players.

Maybe let it sink in that mckernan in our forwardline, where we were 2-6, with 3 guys under like 5 games, and backs against the wall kicked 4 goals (and had the chance to score more)
Daniher for all his supposed stardom has only ever kicked 5 goals in one single game.

it’s not above individual players, it’s about the team working as a whole. if you get that right, then all the rest takes care of itself.

1 Like

Amen and Amen.
A very wise man once said its not only the best 6 players , its the bottom 6 that win you games. Effort versus skill .