Booing P Ryder

I was sitting and watching on the couch and to be honest I didn’t boo, but I swore at him every time he touched the ball.

I can’t speak for the others but I’m going off what Ryder has personally said. You wanted to know why people boo him? It’s pretty clear why they do? So you’re either trying to convince people that Ryder actually left for other reasons or you’re asking a question where you already know the answer. I’m sorry for whatever personal situation you had but booing has been a part of all sports for generations and it’s something that athletes have to deal with. In Soccer they actually hire people to go and spit, abuse and shake up opposition players when arriving in the country, just see Uraguy in 2001.

1 Like

Of course you wouldn’t - everyone thinks their team paid a fair price when you get something effectively for free.

Geelong got the best player in the competition for some some teenagers who had just as much chance to not make it, let alone be anywhere near the player Danger is.

I’m saying none of us out here know. And to boo and/or abuse a former player based on ignorance is high level dumb.

1 Like

Have we all finished moralising over booing yet?

Just getting started.

You haven’t stopped.

Anything to add?

Except some do know. But apart from that…

1 Like

Yes

The ol ‘trusted source’ or ‘close family friend’? Speak to him directly or you don’t know.

tick tock…

Of course i booed ryder and i hope he still gets booed if he is playing at 35. Generally though when booing a bad umpiring decision i do so to influence the umpires for the rest of the game. If it gives my team an advantage I’m all for it. That’s why in Perth the umpires are so bias because everyone gets in on the act and influences their decision making.

You seem to be the most ignorant of the facts here. Regardless of any excuses you might be imagining, the facts known to everyone here are that he had a contract, he broke that contract, he did it publically on the eve of a final & he allowed his representative to exploit the saga to blackmail the club into accepting a lowball compensation. For that & that alone I will continue to boo him regardless of what some sanctimony you or the media want to try to impose. I don’t give a stuff if his wife was a driving force or not, I don’t care if he was playing up or not, I appreciate the saga would have been extremely difficult for all the players & I can understand wanting to leave the club during that time to escape the scrutiny. If there are other factors, again I don’t hold a grudge because he wanted to leave, Wanganeen was a lot better player but I understood why he left. I hold a grudge because of the way he left. He could have at a minimum waited till our season was over. He could have been honest & said he wanted to go to the highest bidder because he was a greedy scumbag, he could have chosen not to blackmail the club through the media to force us into a trade for far less than we could otherwise have gotten. He had choices & all of the choices he made caused further hardship for the club & its supporters. So again, once more with feeling ■■■■ Ryder, ■■■■ Port & ■■■■ anyone who wants to try to tell me I can’t boo the sack of lying ■■■■!

13 Likes

So you don’t know if there were other factors that influenced his decision to leave and/or the manner of his departure but fark him anyway? You seldom see such a good example of someone embracing their own ignorance but good on you for having the courage to take ownership of it.

Nobody is arguing that their upset about his decision to leave. Everyone is saying that he did it like complete ■■■■. Nobody is bagging, Crameri, Melksham, Carlise, or Hibberd. Whatever you think his reason was, he did it the worst way possible.

I didn’t boo but I was sad.

I loved him when he played for us and I wish he still did.

With someone like Paddy I just wish all the best for. He doesn’t have much else to fall back on and I hope he makes the most out of his career. And by that I mean money.

2 Likes

I’m saying none of us know why he chose to do it that way and sledging him without possession of all the facts reflects poorly on those who do it. If we have learned anything from the saga, don’t jump to conclusions surely should be somewhere near the top of the list.

1 Like

It’s fine to leave for money, after all we’d all do the same thing. If his contract had finished, as well as the season, there’d only be idiots left who would resent him.

Ryder broke my farken heart. I’d also boo my ex-girlfriend that moved away to shack up with some bloke in the Solomon Islands…