Booing P Ryder

Slightly off topic he was boo’d in 2015 but no one in the media made a big deal about it because we lost that night.

17 Likes

Crameri was boo’d in 2014.

Nothing will ever top what McPhee copped in 2010, NOTHING.

16 Likes

Players like david evans but i despise the traitor. just because the players like something/someone doesn’t mean we have to.

11 Likes

Who could forget Paul Connors publicly coming out and saying Ryder will be taking legal action against the club if a trade isn’t done. Then the following sentence told Essendon to take the deal immediately, and stop dragging it out.

Yep just class from Ryder’s advocate.

7 Likes

So many boos, so little farks given.

20 Likes

They media needs something to froth about and nobody tipped over a bowl of pretzels this week…

2 Likes

According to Luke Darcy Ryder doesn’t have much in his “kit bag” when he’s wearing red and black. When he’s playing against us, though, he’s worried we’re going to hurt his feelings. Get used to it. The knobs in the media are going to have a hard time dealing with any success we have and I for one find that extremely satisfying as well as the success. Improves it greatly.

4 Likes

He chose to publicly show his contempt for the club on the eve of finals… last night the fans showed their contempt for that. Loved it.

40 Likes

He got what he deserved. You reap what you sow.

2 Likes

■■■■ him.
I didn’t boo last night because I had a Port supporter sitting next to me and even though I have never met him before last night he deserved more respect from me than that ■■■■ Judas will ever deserve.
Let’s re-cap the situation
On the eve of our first final in Melbourne for 5 years (and one we might have been a chance of winning) he and his manager decided to put it out there through the media (Tom Browne I believe it was) that he is going to leave. This is 2 years into a 4 year deal and at the end of the first real good, consistent season he has given us (of which we were also waiting 10 years for) so that was a nice distraction
Then come trade time:
“My wife is homesick, we need to go back to Brisbane” oh funny that because Port Adelaide isn’t really that close to Brisbane you dumbshit.
“I just want to get out of Essendon, they ■■■■■■ me” ok, well GWS have offered pick 4 (or 7) why not there? No he was adamant he wanted to go to Port and only port. So we couldn’t get a better deal from either Sydney, GWS or Brisbane despite all he wanted to do was either get to Brisbane for his homesick partner or get out of Essendon.
Then there was that ■■■■ about deformed babies. Funny how when he signed with Port he said the Port doctor told him he will be fine.
Melksham, Hibbo and Crameri said they wanted to be traded to a particular club and were and we didn’t stop them. Carlisle, apart for the “this clubs ■■■■■■”, actually secured a pick 5 for us because he was willing to go anywhere apart from us.

Ryder, well he can ■■■■ right off. He got off lightly last night

52 Likes

Delete this thread. Nothing good can come from it.

2 Likes

Helps our favourite Swans fan feel superior.

Poor thread.

Diggers doesn’t know much about Esendon due to being a Sydney supporter, most Essendon fans know what happened and the booing is deserved.

7 Likes

One thing I’ve been taught is that how you exit an organisation says a lot about your character. The way Ryder and his parasite of a manager went about engineering his departure, be it by using the media to play the PR game, threaten to go to court and use the supposed “get-out” clause to cancel his contract and walk away with us receiving zero compensation, and then hamstring us at the trade table and force us to accept a crap deal from Port Adelaide, it all reflects very poorly on Paddy. I can’t stand watching him wearing that stain of a club’s jumper. So forgive us if we don’t give him a standing ovation when he returns here to play us. Compared to how supporters of other sports treat players who walk out on their club in acrimonious circumstances, a bit of booing is nothing that a tablespoon of cement and HTFU can’t solve.

5 Likes

Shaun Hampson got pick 26, and he is a genuine spud. Ryder was contracted should have gotten a top 10 pick no questions asked.

6 Likes

yep

Didn’t Rhys Stanley who isn’t a fkn patch on Ryder get traded to Geelong in 2013 for a similar pick we got for Ryder in 2014??

That’s what annoyed me the most.

5 Likes

If we had have used the second round pick on Caleb Daniel instead of wasting it on the Cooney trade, the Ryder deal may have looked a lot better.

4 Likes

Daniel doesn’t look too flash atm, seems to turn it over a lot being too cute.

1 Like

Still looks better than Cooney right now.

2 Likes