Booing P Ryder

I hope not. The West Perth supporters were ruthless when he left. Most of the things said to him just across the fence were disgraceful. The questioning of his footballing ability was the tamest of the sledging, the rest of it doesn’t bear repeating. I can’t help but wonder about it when things like this come up. I had no idea why he left West Perth but it didn’t stop me getting into him. I know better now. Hopefully.

At the end of the day, people can boo/cheer for whomever they want. It’s always been a part of sport and will be. Perhaps the reason people were booing Paddy was because of the way he left the club/stopped us from getting the best deal/didn’t move to a club that was closer to his family/used the saga to cover up his infidelity/how much effort the club put on off field since his wife didn’t get along with the other WAGs and/or other reasons.

Don’t even know why this is a thread since nothing was made when we booed Mitchell and most of this stuff has been covered before. People can do whatever they want at the footy as long as it is within our code of conduct. I just find it interesting that you don’t understand the behaviour, when you have posted previously about umpires costing Sydney the GF last year. I find people who blame losing a GF on the umpires just weird.

Boo’D that umpire when he was KO’d, probably everything else from there on in is fair game

1 Like

What if I just place the letter “f” at the end of that verb and see what you think then? :wink:

The umpiring was one-sided and did contribute to the result but it didn’t decide the game. You need to review what I said about it at the time and since. But even after witnessing that umpiring performance first hand, I’m not going to boo them.

Couldn’t do it. I’m not even bi-curious.

1 Like

You see, Ryder leaving Essendon seemed more about maximising his earning (better contract) and getting out of his 5 year deal. Gee, he signed a 5 year deal in the middle of the mess for goodness sake and then, just like that, wanted out. I suspect he was manipulated by external forces, but given his management were the only ones to threaten Essendon with that out clause, it put a lot of people offside.

1 Like

Nope/ lots more before the spit.

Lets boo Franklin next week and really blow his mind.

Brilliant Idea, we should start a concerted booing campaign against random selected players with no apparent conection to each other or us. We could boo Lin Jong one week and Luke Shuey the next and blow everyones Frigging minds.

The AFL and their lapdogs in the media would go crazy, but it would be a hoot

2 Likes

I need to upload that gif of someone giving a massive round of applause and a standing ovation.

This post is spot on

It’s clickbait because unless you lived under a rock (which I guess is possible as you’re a Swans supporter) you’d have known the full Ryder story or could have asked the question in the review thread. Don’t tell me we have to explain the McPhee or Mitchell ones to you also?

For the same reason people cheer.

This is FOOTBALL. We all yell at people chasing a bit of leather around according to arbitrarily defined rules, and when people dressed in one set of colors kick the ball between two big poles more often than people dressed in the other set of colours, it makes our entire week awesome. Following sport is inherently illogical, tribal, and emotional. If you’re looking for coolly rational and reasoned reactions, then you’re in the wrong place.

As others have pointed out, the entire multibillion dollar footy industry is built on tribalism, emotionalism, and one-eyed support. This cuts both ways.

17 Likes

I guess you guys don’t know about the room that is named after both him and his father in recognition for their services at the club at the TVSC…

So straight from “The Pretzel Palava” to “BooGate” eh?

The Clickbait Cockroaches at their “dogshit on your shoe” best.

One thing about Ryder is that despite being a very good AFL player (at times elite) he’s never played to his full potential.

Got what, 10 touches on Saturday night. Now I know that getting a ■■■■ load of the footy as a ruckman isn’t that indicative of how good you are but with how good his footskills are, it’s criminal that he can’t up his disposal count to average around 15 disposals a game.

Ryder at his best was the barometer of the team. Whole team walked taller when he wss turned on.
He’s the biggest loss by a country mile.

2 Likes

Do we have demitrious name alongside it too?

1 Like

In fairness, that name should also be listed at TVSC - printed on the dunny paper.

6 Likes

I’m too lazy to booo, I just sit there smiling and let others do the work.

3 Likes

I was at the game and to be frankly honest I was annoyed when some of our supporters boo’d him. Don’t recall Hibberd or Melksham copping it that bad. Funny that…

It was such a herd mentality thing too. It just got louder as the game went on.

I was at BJ’s first game against the Saints. Our supporters erupted in cheers each time the Saints supporters boo’d. Sadly, respect for a footballer comes down the the colour of the guernsey he wears.

1 Like