Booing P Ryder

I don’t like the way he was poached, my mind felt scrambled, I was fried by the end of the game eggs_on_toast.

1 Like

Paying a few hundred a year to scream at 22 blokes you don’t know kick a ball at some sticks is strange behaviour to start with. Hoping some guys make it more than orhers. Enjoying seeing other teams fail. It’s all very odd behaviour if you stop to think about it.
But it’s fun.
I don’t really know why you draw such a hard and fast line of what is and isn’t too weird.

6 Likes

He was back to bad old Paddy. Half hearted chases, not hitting packs hard, not using his pace or size at all.
He’s got almost every tool you could wish for and so so often he just trots around.

5 Likes

I think the point that is being missed is that we need to acknowledge that we are just awful people. All of us. We’re bitter, twisted, nasty and even those of you who were once good people turned evil during the saga years.
We hate everybody who said something, did something or implied something during the saga that caused us more pain. Worse still we stuck with our club rather than jumping ship to follow norf. We are still fighting the corruption of the AFL overlords, which could only be interpreted by the media as insanity given they sold their souls to the devil 20 years ago.
Understandably (only to us) we have chosen not to forgive anybody who used the saga to kick us when we were down to further their own self-interest. That lack of forgiveness may continue for some time yet.

18 Likes

Maybe read the rest of the thread before posting that tripe

10 Likes

I have no problem with Essendon supporters booing ryder - a player who left them to go home to queensland and end up at Port Adelaide, Derailed our last final series and we were poorly compensated via the draft picks received. I dont imagine it will continue that much into the future.

In comparison to Essendon supporters booing Brent stanton, i know it was a few years ago now, but sitting next to essendon supporters booing their own player stanton was poor form…

3 Likes

I booed because I am six…and racist…but mainly because I’m six

5 Likes

Yep- and somehow we managed to get 17 and 37 for old Paddy.
Dangerfield cost Geelong 9, 28 and loose change.

Players leave all the time. That’s life. Given the ■■■■ that has happened at the club, I don’t think anyone is going to hold a grudge players for leaving. Payday deserved every boo that he got, and I hope that he gets booed every time he plays against us. Not because he left, but because of the way he did it. Nobody else who left did their best to take a giant ■■■■ on everything, and lie about his motivations, on the way out.
Seriously. ■■■■ that guy. And I say that as someone who used to be a huge fan.

Yes Diggers, Stasa was my first Cardies hero when I began following West Perth in my childhood.

I too was bitterly disappointed, and hated him when he switched clubs, but I think he joined South Freo before he ended up at Perth, which made it even more galling for a young West Perth supporter like myself as they were a star studded successful side compared to our strugglers at the time.

Was genuinely saddened to hear too of his suicide at the time when it was reported at a relatively young age for him.

He was an excitement machine as a player.

Our supporters erupted in cheers when Jobe was boo’ed also. The Port supporters should/could of done the same for Paddy THEIR player.

Read Humble Minions post, gave me a laugh at the ridiculousness of it all, but we still love it. :slight_smile:

Do you know the ‘Ryder’ story or are forming an opinion based on what you ‘heard’? Which is my point. Because unless you know P Ryder and the circumstances surrounding his departure, and by ‘know’ I mean you’re on the inside and not just reading unqualified sh*t on an internet forum, you’re just flog who’s guessing.

The Dangerfield shows how broken the system is and how badly Adelaide got screwed over. Does not have anything to do with what was fair and equitable for Paddy.

And look at the antics that club forced him out under.

After reading diggers story I looked into the death of the player mentioned horrible stuff. :frowning:

Anyway I think booing/sledging is fine but it does have a line and it shouldn’t be crossed. Anything personal such as health, family, religion, skin colour and sexual preference is taboo IMO. Keep it footy related unless it involves drink driving criminals like the lite n easy ambassador

2 Likes

Got a sneaking suspicion we’re hearing negative press about booing because the media stains wanted to write a “Paddy gets some pride back against old club” story. We didn’t let that happen though and he dropped his head and got booed. Let’s face it though, they probably wanted to write about how it was his first encounter with Essendon since the saga too (which it wasn’t).

1 Like

Very likely you wouldn’t hold that view if you were a Port or Cats supporter

I tried to block his time at S Fremantle out of my mind. Stasa, Menags, R Gibbs (Bryce’s old man for those who don’t know), Spock Bradmore, Les Fong, Loved those blokes. When Stasa left it seemed like we took it personally, like he’d said “F U” to everyone who’s heart beats true. What I didn’t realise then is that they’re human beings who make decisions on the future based on circumstances that I’m not privy to. What R Merrett, G Wanganeen, A McPhee or P Ryder do with their careers is up to them and until they decide to include me in the decision making process, is none of my business. And I’m not going to judge anyone on their choices. Good luck to all of them. You don’t play for Essendon anymore.

2 Likes

We crossed all of those lines and made up a few new ones.

Look at the sunny side up. Now we’ve got Bird and our future is laid out in front of us.