BOOMERS EXPLODE on The Philippines, and take a few OUT!

Actually another thing, possibly showing contrition is also a good idea to make sure our team doesn’t get caught in the crossfire re the sanctions. Also creates a clear point of difference between us and the Phillipines, given they’re not apologising at all. Makes us look (more) like the good guys. I think it’s strategically clever from that perspective.

Nope. They’re doubling down. See above.

And good point re football clubs not apologising for players. Situation is probably different though when we’re talking two nations and what actually almost amounted to a diplomatic incident

1 Like

That’s my point he was trying to scare them out of there. Unbelievable quick thinking. They dead set scattered. He should have had a cape and mask on. He already has a superhero name.
Thon
What a cool name for a superhero

4 Likes

Have you seen their president? Dead set makes trump look like mother Teresa

You can’t apologise for your action causing something else.
You apologise for your action. Nothing more. Start apologise for causing this, & sparking that, and you’ve opened the door, and you soon find you’re responsible for everything.
And then you have a Hird situation.
It’s a sucker act.

1 Like

Not sure I agree in any way that Australia started this.

The reaction to that initial Filipino hit was over the top, but that is what started it. And the business about the stickers on the floor is just BS, they were put there to provoke the Australians.

I’m sorry.
But what happened on the court during the match, of who started it… it’s a moot point.

It’s a moot point when you’ve got sercurity guards who are getting paid to protect the players, end up joining in the riot. By holding the arms of one of the Australian players and the other sercurity guard king-hits him. When 20 people (spectators and players) are laying into one person on the ground the argument of who’s at fault is completely lost.

2 Likes

No but I can tell you that plenty of people over there are very angry and embarrassed by the behaviour of their own team. I’ve spoke to friends over there that we stay with and plenty of the locals are very apologetic and don’t want to lumped in with these thugs that have brought their country shame

Nah. Just co-incidentally put on the Aus training court and not the Philipino one!

Also, I have a lovely bridge to sell you.

1 Like

That right? Hadn’t heard that bit.

All evidence would say these guys were provoking it all, right from the very start, and in fact planned to do so.

What the hell are we doing playing in a Country with the practices this psychotic President is implementing anyway? You might think that just the comments he made about a murdered and raped Australian missionary would have been enough to never visit the Country until he was gone …

Leading Philippine presidential candidate Rodrigo Duterte, whose campaign promises a ruthless war on crime, has been angrily condemned after a video surfaced of him joking about a murdered Australian rape victim.

Mr Duterte, who promises mass killings of suspected criminals if elected next month, appears in a video uploaded on YouTube — since removed — making the joke about the female Australian missionary.

The missionary who was ministering in a prison in Davao in the southern Philippines was taken hostage, raped and killed during a riot by inmates in 1989.

"They raped all of the women … There was this Australian lay minister … when they took them out … I saw her face and I thought, 'Son of a bitchh. What a pity … they raped her, they all lined up. I was mad she was raped but she was so beautiful. I thought, the mayor should have been first," Mr Duterte is shown telling a crowd of laughing supporters at a campaign rally.
.________________________________________________________________________

It’s amazing how quickly we forget, and/or how much in todays World is excused.

FIFA has said there will no more World Cups in countries that abuse human rights, … what the hell about FIBA scheduling games in a Country that sends out Death Squads to randomly kill people without trial??

President Rodrigo Duterte has plunged the Philippines into its worst human rights crisis since the dictatorship of Ferdinand Marcos in the 1970s and 1980s. His “war on drugs,” launched after he took office in June 2016, has claimed an estimated 12,000 lives of primarily poor urban dwellers, including children.

So, … what the hell were we doing there??

No one should be playing sport there while this Regime is in place IMO.

6 Likes

Please.
That’s straight out victim blaming and the kind of slippery slope that leads to people blaming the victims of cowards punches, domestic violence and rape.

I’ve been there three times since he has been in power.
To the younger generation he is a hero. To the older that remember Marcos not so much.
To the ordinary foreigner nothing has changed.
Dont get me wrong, I think he is a nutcase and nothing excuses extrajudicial killings of any kind.
I personally havn’t noticed any difference on the streets of Manila.
He has proactively addressed the pollution and environmental issue’s by shutting down tourist cesspools such as Boracay , and restricted the continual harrassment of whale sharks for instance.
He has also given the finger to the U.S. and China .

It’s a very strange place by our standards.
This is a country that was violently invaded by the Spanish, then the Yanks, then freed itself through another violent war…then the Japs…then subliminally by the yanks again. Its whole history is one of violence and mayhem.
It’s folly to sit here and judge a whole nation by this incident

Can definitely say I feel a lot safer at night in Manila than what it was a few years back. He does have a lot of support from the younger generation and I found that he does have plenty of support in Panay and Palawan but the bigggest gripe seems to be that some of the further islands and provinces don’t get the attention/funding that is required

The guy is an actual Murderer, … a self confessed Quadruple Murderer.

Everyone knows this right??

He should be in Jail for 4 lifetimes years ago, … not a Fking President.

How?? It’s insane.

And not for nothing but, everytime I see and hear him,… he actually looks and sounds stoned off his gourd himself.

2 Likes

That is changing also. The beautiful Mrs bonzo is Waray, born in Mapanas, far down the east coast of Northern Samar. He just pledged quite a large sum to build an ice works, upgrade the fishing fleet, supply trucks, two bridges and remake roads to help raise the quality of life there. Believe it or not, most of that cash made it through the many barriers of corruption and that infrastructure is being built as we speak.

1 Like

Yes. He is a crazy murderous nut job. Just stating facts, and how the general filipino’s regard him

2 Likes

I actually used his unstable murderous history in Family court to stop my ex taking my son there last year. That was more to do with my ex being a nut job also.

1 Like

So American commentators state that Thon Maker should be suspended from the NBA over his role in the brawl - The AMERICANS always want to interfere in others affairs - The strangest thing is there would have been American players who’ve trangressed in international basketball and doubt they ever missed NBA games.