BOOMERS EXPLODE on The Philippines, and take a few OUT!

Luc Longley’s comments are savage

3 Likes

I presume you mean these comments ?

From 6.30 onwards…

3 Likes

Luc Longley turned into the comic book shop guy.

9 Likes

Hey?

I thought Thon Maker did a good job of getting a few to back off or scatter with that flying through the air like Voldemort thing.

3 Likes

I’ve never ever seen such a poor attempt at a flying kick.
And I’m a student of bad flying kicks, myself.
I consider myself an excellent judge on the matter.

6 Likes

I’m not convinced he had any interest in trying to successfully complete an effective and technically proficient flying kick. Just disconcert or force them to back off for a moment by being big and gangly and flying through the air - which I think he did.

15 Likes

So wtf is @theDJR’s mob up to then?

Basketball Australia has received notice from FIBA of disciplinary proceedings following last Monday’s FIBA World Cup Qualifier between Australia and the Philippines.

FIBA has established a Disciplinary Panel to hear charges against the Boomers arising from the game in Manila.

FIBA has placed confidentiality conditions on the details of the charges which prevents their public disclosure.

Basketball Australia Chief Executive Anthony Moore said it would respond to the charges ahead of a determination by the Panel.

“Out of respect for the process established by FIBA, Basketball Australia and our players will not make any further comment at this stage,” he said

http://basketball.net.au/basketball-australia-statement-2/

Wot

1 Like

I bet taking the high moral ground will work wonders here.

This really has a whiff of Saga era PR. Sideshow_bob_stepping_on_rakes.gif

4 Likes

Doesn’t quite compare to footage of a recent scrap at a Canberra strip joint.

These basketballers have a lot to learn.

A real Liz Lurkin special

This is all going to plan, really

Now wait 2 -3 weeks for the panel to hand down their findings.

Admit culpability before the process starts = win.

So Aussie.

3 Likes

Sand paper on a cricket ball = national outrage from PM

Australian National team assaulted on basketball court = silence from PM and sorry for instigating the situation

Am I following this correctly?

5 Likes

Other Australian NBA talent, who let’s face it hold a reasonable amount of power over Basketball Australia, should make their opinions quite clear and force BA to back their teammates to the hilt or risk a player boycott.

Thon is now my favourite Australian BBaller, whilst he needs to learn how to kick properly, he did what he needed to do to protect his countryman from the mob of cowardly thugs who targeted players, players who didn’t even throw any elbows. Kickert should be heavily suspended, what he did was gross and unnecessary but in no world does it justify what then happened.

Gotta love the tall Filo player that sunk the basket then just watched as mayhem ensued around him, would love to be able to read his mind during it, would be classic.

Refs should be banished for not controlling the match before things got out of hand, ejecting Goulding and Sobey for being assaulted and then allowing the game to continue.

Not surprised FIBA has Phillipines and Indonesia as a destination for future World Cup, huge populations = huge revenue potential (ie. growth), safety for players and fans take a back seat to $$$$, Duterte is a monster in a similar vein to Saddam and I know a lot of Filos here in Melbourne west all of them hate him with a passion and know he will/has kill/ed to keep his power.

Andray Blatche.

Was an OK NBA player but an absolute headcase, arrested 3-4 times, got shot once or twice, standard old story.

You might be over exaggerating his off field exploits.
Got shot by a guy who jacked his car.
His arrests were for trying to buy a hooker (who was an undercover cop) and for speeding (albeit on a suspended licence; so clearly a slow learner).
Also has/had a foundation set up to help underprivileged kids
http://www.andrayblatche007.com/community.php

1 Like

Lease, surely?

2 Likes

The Australian Basketballers’ Association (ABA) and Basketball Australia categorically refutes allegations made by Mr Winston Baltasar on ABC Radio program ‘The Ticket’ on Sunday 8 July 2018.

ABA CEO and former Australian Boomer, Jacob Holmes said:

“The allegations made by Mr Baltasar are unsubstantiated and highly defamatory and we are reviewing our legal avenues to address them.

“The Boomers pride themselves on their inclusive and diverse composition, just like the country they represent and the comments made by Mr Baltasar and republished by the ABC have caused immense distress to our players.”

The ABA have also contacted the ABC to raise concerns relating to the publication of this material.

“At no stage was Basketball Australia or the ABA contacted for comment before the allegations were published, in a clear breach of the ABC’s own editorial standards.”

Basketball Australia Chief Executive Anthony Moore said:

“Australian basketball prides itself on being a diverse sport that embraces all sections of the community. We take these allegations against our players extremely seriously and are deeply disappointed the ABC should chose to publish them.”

http://basketball.net.au/joint-statement-by-australian-basketballers-association-and-basketball-australia/

So the ABC went half cast on an allegation of racism from a philo photographer, the Gilas head coach has since refuted.

Not a good look for the ABC

3 Likes