BOOMERS EXPLODE on The Philippines, and take a few OUT!

So, you didn’t watch it closely then??

What was that about “Blinkers”?

Here’s the ONLY statement Australian Basketball should make.

‘We’re glad our people are home safely. We will not, under any circumstances, return to that country.’
Conference over.

2 Likes

I watched the whole game, the refs had swallowed he whistle about 2 quarters earlier so I would not have trusted the refs to blow the whistle on anything

FIBA refs are corrupt as ■■■■

In that time was there any elbows thrown flush to the jaw?

NO, … but there was a brutally thrown shoulder to one though, … you know, … the one right before the elbow to one, … the one you seem to refuse to see.

They ■■■■■■■ clapped him off as he was carried from the floor.

You want to suspend an Australian player?
Fine.
But the Philippines team should be barred from competition for ten ■■■■■■■ years.

for such a hard guy who says he would thump someone for doing that you sure are a soft guy when it comes to fouls.

Here is the NBA hardest fouls of all time.

You will see none of them are retaliated with a elbow to the jaw. Not by the recipient or the third man in.
The foul on Mr Flop Goulding (KNown for his flopping) is just a foul. Perhaps intentional.
1 Like

for life I’d say.

You’re talking about the Australian player, I assume.

No. Philippines players and team.

I see.
Weeeeeell, life is a long time.
Not sure how that even works for a team.

I don’t see how individual suspensions are even relevant for this incident.
It’s a team thing.

Why suspend whoever the hell it was with both fists raised in the air after the stomping?

When the officials get involved it’s a team ban. It has to be?

You’d think so.
But let me get out my magic eight-ball.

The Australian who retaliated gets suspended for two-three years, whatever it takes to ruin his career.
And…that’s it.
That’s all that happens.
Oh, wait.
Australia apologises.

Is there a precedent?

For the Kickert thing? If it was stand alone act he would be in all sorts. Same with Thon and his flying kicks (that missed thanks god).
I assume there is no precedent for 20 people piling on a player, throwing chairs and kicking them.

It’s not a great example, man - from 5:15 in, there’s nothing but elbows…

1 Like

i was hoping you wouldn’t watch that far.

1 Like

Probably one of the few times that a basketball game has been anything other than a yawn-fest.

Quite a few lady man punches thrown in there.

1 Like

You guys are missing the point… what about the stickers!

Check out these quotes:

“the referees were well aware the game was bound to be highly emotional after Sunday when Australia removed the advertisement stickers at the floor of the Philippine Arena.”

“we felt disrespected [after] what happened last night when they were taking off the stickers. Although the president of Australian basketball did apologize personally.”

1 Like

There’s some disgusting racist comments in this thread aimed at Filipino’s that I find personally offensive.
How about we focus on the incident? Pull your heads in

5 Likes