BOOMERS EXPLODE on The Philippines, and take a few OUT!

Is the series continuing after last night?

It couldn’t after that.

I very much doubt anyone would risk it.

Apparently the president of Chooks-to-Go, Ronald Mascarinas, whose stickers were not damaged in the incident but were nearby (and, you know, could have been damaged) has felt compelled to issue a press release stating that the sticker incident “not only disrespected the world organising basketball body but also our home soil.”

You couldn’t make ■■■■ up.

1 Like

Yep. silly move to just take it upon yourself to remove something placed there by the opposition / organisers (for whatever reason they were.)

Just simply refuse to play until they are, citing WH&S issue.

1 Like

Cast a pretty big, and dark, shadow on the Philippine’s coaches claims that Kickert struck one of his players “4 or 5” times during the warm Up.

3 Likes

I’d expect their President to give them a parade.

The refs should also be given a lifetime ban for allowing it get to that point and then not calling it off immediately, I mean seriously 3 on 5 doesn’t constitute a game, laughable

I’m also disappointed by Delly where the hell was he?

This t|tt for tatt bullsht of who started it, is fcking childish. It’s the sort of thing kids argue about in the play ground.

The fact 5 blokes got gang assaulted by random members of the public by jumping the fence is nothing short of a disgrace. Plus paid sercurity member joined in the assault. They need to cop the consequence of allowing nonplaying people on the court. It’s a f*ck huge safety issue. Anyone could have pulled out a knife or another weapon & done some fatal damage.

9 Likes

Good onya Luc Longley

3 Likes

Blinkers? He shirtfronted him!

1 Like

Assistant coach with a farking chair. And Sobey getting punched point blank while a guard holds his arms.

Still shaking my head.

1 Like

Could have been a massive tragedy if a lot more of the crowd invaded the court, as could easily have happened in that situation. Easily

Actually the Philippine coach did when he called his players to attack the Aussies during one courtside discussion that was overheard. That started it in reality. Kickert was wrong and he would have have been ejected by the refs if the brawl hadn’t started.

I will say this TA, you really love to attack Aussie sportspeople. Do you hate this country that much, do you hate our culture that much that whenever something happens you take this line of calling out how bad we are?

1 Like

Remember when some lunatic ran at cops with a knife in Northcote and the cop (quite rightly) shot him, in self defence? IIRC the cop was in the wrong there according to The Ant cos… something something something.

Some people just look at a blue car and have to tell you it’s red. Don’t try and work out why. We’re all just wrong.

5 Likes

Yep. And the way the team mates closed ranks around the guy who tripped him gives you the impression it wasn’t a random thought that popped into his head. Stitch up from the outset.

Philipines have forfeited the right to play international basketball as far as I’m concerned.

5 Likes

Also, when the media refer to one Australian player as of South Sudanese origin, but fail to refer to the origin of others.

10 Likes

I don’t disagree with the second paragraph but, dude, your preceding post wasn’t necessary and pretty offensive. I was a little surprised that it had come from you to be honest.

kinda expected an article about diggers and co. running amok in the philippines.

2 Likes

But that’s just buying into the Don King gamesmanship BS that goes on before a boxing bout

Making a training venue unusable. “Not train” = advantage Philipines.
Fix venue then apologise for making their workplace safe = suckers = advantage Philipines.

Commercial interests - laughable - who the hell is watching Australia train before a random qualifier?? 1000 people? Maybe?

I think your going over the top to prove your point. The retaliation from the Aussie bloke was more side on elbow than hitting square on the jaw. Like for example a high hip and shoulder bump. In my opinion a big difference to what your implying. Also look at the outcome to judge how bad a hit it was. He got straight back up. How you describe the hit it sounds like plugger vs craven.

Australia was in the wrong, but the Phillipines side is a disgrace. Kinda reminds me of the line in the sand game. All just retaliation from us and all over the top from them. The stacks on to the little Aussie bloke takes it to another level thou.

Yeah, particularly when the player of south Sudanese origin was in there as hard as anyone sticking up for his team mates.

He was as Aussie as anyone in Green and Gold

10 Likes