Boooooooooo!

You should be ashamed of yourself asking for cash!!! I and many others here would gladly do it for free!

The warm & fuzzy feeling of righteousness afterwards would be enough to get me through to my next offer of employment.

1 Like

this is ā€œdonate to the flight planā€-esque

1 Like

Iā€™ll learn from this.

I think you need indivudly inscribed bricks to smash over Goodes. People will pay for that.

later that morning.

The boss of the office: Thank you Adam for visiting us.

A. Goodes: Iā€™m sure you all are.

dingus: Excuse me Mr Goodes, is there something on the back of your coat?

pauseā€¦

dingus: yep, itā€™s all good now.

A. Goodes: Thank you mate.

dingus: My absolute pleasure.

3 Likes

Thought this was a new diggers threadā€¦

1 Like

A couple of years ago Fairfax put some posters in our office saying caroline wilson and another journo were coming in to do talks to all staff. It never ended up happening for some reason, Iā€™d like to think it had something to do with me adding the appropriate witches hat and broomstick to every poster i could find though.

18 Likes

So what happened?

Stuck in a meeting the whole time. I did see him walk past though, so thereā€™s thatā€¦

did you slide into his legs?

1 Like

looks like the Blitz crowd-fund total was spot on

3 Likes

Yep. On the plus side, I seem to have kept my job.

On the negative, I seem to have kept my job.

13 Likes

No it ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  well isnā€™t. What a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  ignorant thing to say.

1 Like

oh wow. You moron.

Would you like to give your description of what heā€™s doing now and explain why it is all those ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  things you claim?

Clearly my anger at some related business dealing in the market came through and I shouldnā€™t have lashed out, My apologies.

His business venture post footy is in an industry which is heavily reliant on government contracts, of which the feds have issued mandatory indigenous requirements (no issue from me there). His organisation has sought capitalised on the mandatory 3%, (rent seeker, is a perfectly valid economic term to describe where they sit in the market). In doing so the organisation, and in particular he, has had some quite poor interactions with contract owners that show a clear pathway to maximising their interest to the detriment of those in his community he is trying to represent. Given there are now other players coming into the industry to take advantage of the market structure, I truly hope those players, given their excellent history in representing their community, have substantially more success than the organisation Adam represents. Given his stature in the community I truly hope they can advance their thinking and deliver what they claim, rather than what they are doing.

1 Like

OK, thanks for responding with some further thought and detail.

In my view, you should be more careful using terms such as ā€œrent-seekerā€ without being very, very clear. Youā€™d be well aware of the context around such terms.

FWIW, the company I work for use the services of IDC (We have putting committed to a substantial dollar value through them). Itā€™s a relatively new arrangement and, so far, the results have been less than ideal. I donā€™t wish failure on them because the concept and intent are nothing but good.

Edit: Probably avoid using the term ā€œEntitlementā€ in any context.

Yeah fair enough,

Rent seeker is a term used commonly in my sector, I guess for those not familiar it could be seen as a negative.

Same too with entitlement, itā€™s a description of the structure of the 3% as an entitlement program/policy, of which the Australian and other goverments have many and regularly use.

A rent seeker can be an agent who ā€˜clips the ticketā€™ on the way through as part of the entitlement to facilitate an outcome.

Whilst I have not directly used the IDC, we have been developing a relationship with another player. I have several close business colleagues who do directly with IDC and Adam and letā€™s just say they have been shocked at what is occurring and are now all seeking out other alternatives. The internationals involved cannot believe the interactions have gone the way they have.

Iā€™m not willing to give specific on a public formum happy to take it off line if you want more info.

1 Like

Yep, fair enough. PM me if you wish.

But I was entertained if you guys to to PMā€™s then Iā€™m some voyeur