Flinders Street pedestrians run over

Wait, what?

The guy may have got the idea from that stuff being on the news but to say it is tied to it is silly. Totally different set of circumstances.

the politicians who appoint milksop commissioners who refer to home invaders, thugs, drug dealers, rapists, bash merchants and murderers as "clients"

Wait, what?

Fan of Christine Nixon are you?

What the f–k are you on about?

https://www.change.org/p/no-bail-for-repeat-offenders

I don’t sign petitions which are poorly written. It’s really not that hard to put some thought into it and have a couple of people edit it FFS.

Every crook knows that the police pursuit ends once you cross on to the other side of the road and head into traffic.

Change.org is the worst petition site ever.

The 10 year old girl who was killed is the sister of my niece's friend (both the friend and her mother are in critical condition).

Absolutely devastating :frowning:

Fingers crossed for the recovery of the two others involved in this horror.

Speaking of quick to judge, the baseball boys were returning from their church youth group sports day.

Are people in this thread really criticising the police? Seriously?

Love how some people are armchair experts on how police should have reacted in an incredibly fast moving situation to prevent something that has literally never happened in this city before and that nobody could reasonably have predicated beforehand.

Video of him doing burnouts prior https://youtube.com/embed/tDE5fjXeNPk

That’s not a burnout/doughnuts…not even close, but driving slowly in circles doesn’t sound as exciting when reporting it.

Cops are on a hiding to nothing on this one, they are clearly following him in the video, questions will be asked as to why they didn’t stop him earlier.

Those donuts last longe enough for what must have been dozens of cops in that area to commandeer enough vehical’s at the intersection to ram him . I know that sounds a bit hollywood, but would not have been difficult thing to do

Your theory sounds good in, well, theory.
But it’s operating on the highly unlikely assumption that increased police activity at the scene wouldn’t have changed the behaviour of the perpetrator

For sure, there is never a right and wrong here, its pretty normal to ask and wonder what else could have prevented it. It wasn’t a lightening strike or a tornado
the politicians who appoint milksop commissioners who refer to home invaders, thugs, drug dealers, rapists, bash merchants and murderers as "clients"

Wait, what?

I am taking about the PC leftwing stooge that wrecked the police force.

We need to act now or the criminals will over run us.

We need this

we need this

we need an armed society.

Wait, what?

Wow. You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.

Wait, what?

I see you approve of the magnificent job she did on Black Saturday and the lowering of physical entrance standards for police.

Wait, what?

I see you approve of the magnificent job she did on Black Saturday and the lowering of physical entrance standards for police.

Wow. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Wait, what?

Righto… I’ve never heard a criminal being referred to as a ‘client’. Mind you I’ve never been through the legal system in victoria. How that makes me a ‘fan’ of christine nixon, I don’t even want to know.

Yeah…why the ■■■■ didn’t the cops stop that black Saturday guy. Useless.

Makes me sick reading about this guys history and all the outstanding warrants that he had on him. This was preventable.

Victorian Government needs to get rid of the bail justice system asap. Anyone can basically be a bail justice and there is little to no training at all to become one.

Makes me sick reading about this guys history and all the outstanding warrants that he had on him. This was preventable.

Victorian Government needs to get rid of the bail justice system asap. Anyone can basically be a bail justice and there is little to no training at all to become one.

Not exactly true Trip ess.

However, that is why it is called a “Justice” system. Police should not have the power for unfettered detainment of suspects, and they need to present their case, they obviously did not here.

More legitimately, we should be questioning a system where some-one can be in jail on bail for 18 months and then either found not guilty at court or police drop charges due to lack of evidence or they find the real villain.

Reality is that this nut-job had not committed any serious offenses until he stabbed his bro on Friday. Probably impossible to protect our society from lone madmen who want to kill and maim, without all of us giving up massive freedoms.

Easy after the event to be wise, but it doesn’t bring those killed back to life.