Boxing Thread

People want to see the fight so who honestly gives a sh*t about it being about money? Does it effect you if people want to see the fight? There’s always those smug idiots that try and tell “sport x is fake” like they’re the first idiot to have that idiot lightbulb in their head. No you’re not the first to think that, and no, no one cares that it’s about money.

1 Like

I’m ordering it on Main Event. I’ve never done it before now, anyone know how it works? The event just appear at the start time?

It’s sad that someone from a mickey mouse competition gets to fight under the rules of the Marquis of Queensberry.

McGregor us going to get destroyed.

would love 6 rounds of Mayweather teaching McGregor a lesson followed by a lucky punch that leaves Mayweather unconscious.

1 Like

If McGregor lasts more than 5 rounds, it’s rigged

I know nothing very little about boxing. But out of 10 what are Connor’s chances of winning? 5/10? He is still a legit fighter so he must be some sort of chance

Maybe a 6

Sure Connor is not a boxing, but he is a beast, top of his game in MMA - it’s not like he is a basketballer jumping into the ring for the first time

Floyd is 40 and hasn’t boxed for 2 years

Come on pikey!

1 Like

In UFC is connor a fughter, as in knocks people out or more of a submission guy

loves a knockout - I am no expert but I would say is stronger a striker/kicker than submission

1/10 chance

You need to ring Foxtel to order, you will need your phone number and a password (I think, hubby usually does it).

It will come on at start time.

1 Like

I reckon it was @Diggers who said that McGregor has a punchers chance. He needs to knock Mayweather out and relatively early.

IMO will be McGregor early (within 4 rounds)

or

Decision to Mayweather if it goes full distance.

1 Like

Can’t see McGregor going for 36 minutes but can see him landing a blow of significance early. If both fighters are still upright at the end of the 6th round, I can see Mayweather finishing the bout in the 7th.

Robert Byrd has been named as the referee for the bout. Interestingly, he has officiated at only 1x previous Mayweather fight (2013) and is known to allow the combatants to work their way of of situations rather than being overly officious. That should suit McGregor who’d you’d think would be trying to roughhouse Mayweather on every clinch. Although that wouldn’t mean he can break the rules. If he tries to wrench Mayweather’s arms or wrestle excessively he will be held to account.

And on the 8oz gloves, McGregor today said that Mayweather agreeing to the smaller pads was a big mistake. He mustn’t realise that Mayweather has fought 46 of his 49 fights in 8oz gloves, including his last 6.

McGregors Showtime interview

I think McGregor believes that he hits heavier than anyone else.

1 Like

But these gloves are twice as heavy as the gloves he is accustomed to. Plus they’re enclosed. Will make a difference to him but not Mayweather.