Boxing Thread

Ruiz took this at short notice, too. Big Baby will be kicking dust.

1 Like

That’s the BIGGEST upset I can remember for a few decades

1 Like

Ref stops the fight after AJ went down twice that round. Amazing.

1 Like

Congrats to Ruiz Jr. That was massive. AJ was rattled the entire fight. First truly insipid fight from him. Not taking away from Ruiz, though. He hurt AJ.

1 Like

Eddie Hearn was right to keep Joshua away from Fury and Wilder. In hindsight, he should have taken the Fury bout. Would have lost but also would have made enough money for the rest of this life and most of the next. Now he’d be lucky if D Whyte will take his call. Fair play to Ruiz but he seriously should not be holding those belts. He’s a top 10’er at best.

2 Likes

That $100m Wilder walked away from because he wasn’t sure what AJ would earn is looking like easy cash lost now, Digs.

This is what happens when you feed AJ opponents in the safety of the UK. AJ looked at a puffy Ruiz and thought “how easy”. Both Wilder and Fury take the hard fights. Sounds silly but something as small as fighting overseas for the first time probably threw him slightly from the start, getting knocked down not once but twice probably shook him to to the core in the 3rd round, and he panicked and had no idea what to do with Ruiz from there on. As everytime AJ went aggressive he copped some counter hits which he did not want a bar of. Honestly it looked like AJ had a weak chin and Ruiz timed it to perfection with some hard hits. Credit to Ruiz, I underestimated him, as everyone did I’m guessing, he knocked him down 4 times. Amazing.

3 Likes

Fury. What a legend!

1 Like

Looked disinterested from the get-go. When he dropped his hands in the 6th, he lost me for good. Deserved that beating. Well played by Ruiz Jr.

2 Likes

It was never $100m. Wilder knows he can beat Joshua. And why wouldn’t he? Joshua’s claim to fame was defeating a washed up Klitschko followed up by going the distance with J Parker. Hearn put forward ridiculous terms because he didn’t want Joshua anywhere near wilder.

E Hearn is smart guy.

DAZN offered Wilder $20m (£15m) to fight mandatory challenger Breazeale, and $80m (£60m) for two fights against Joshua. That was the deal. He turned it down because he wasn’t informed what Joshua would be earning, not because he didn’t want the fight. Yes, Wilder would destroy AJ. No doubt about that now.

Showtime gave Wilder a better deal than what DAZN were offering. And on today’s (and a couple of weeks ago) results, DAZN have backed the wrong horse. Badly.

All eyes on Fury 2 now.

I reckon you’ll see Ruiz V Wilder first. Wilder V Fury should Fury get past T Schwarz next. Joshua can get back in the line. Give D Whyte a crack at the winner of Wilder V Fury II.

I think he has already signed the contracts. Ortiz in Sept & Fury 2 early 2020.

GGG.

I reckon GGG is still undefeated.

1 Like

Agreed.

He creamed Canelo first time round and I would have accepted a draw in the re-match but a loss was very unfair.

1 Like

When’s the Fury fight our time?