Boxing Thread

Couldn’t think of a fight I care less about than tonight’s.

Couldn't think of a fight I care less about than tonight's.

Yeah must admit I’m a bit ho hum about it but got offered up free tix only a few rows back ringside. More of a night out with a few mates than anything

YOU MUST have got one of the alleged 17,000 freebies offered.

YOU MUST have got one of the alleged 17,000 freebies offered.

I think they gave a heap of the nosebleeds away.
Ours were about $200 a ticket, got them through work. The real expensive seats were sold out in about a hour I believe.
Think they are expecting around 30k here tonight

Kostya’s lad is a beauty!
Absolutely destroyed his opponent and just glided around the ring. Think he will turn out a ripper

What time is the cash cow 6 rounder main gig on?

What time is the cash cow 6 rounder main gig on?

About 9:30pm in Adelaide

Wow, reckon they pulled a bloke out of the crowd to fight Quade

Wow, reckon they pulled a bloke out of the crowd to fight Quade

Reportedly took it on 10 days notice

Anyway, good to see the Moloney twins continue their unbeaten record.
Good Mooroolbark pedigree

Kostya's lad is a beauty! Absolutely destroyed his opponent and just glided around the ring. Think he will turn out a ripper
Wouldn't read too much into it. I believe the fellow is 38 years old and has a pro record of 4-12.
Kostya's lad is a beauty! Absolutely destroyed his opponent and just glided around the ring. Think he will turn out a ripper
Wouldn't read too much into it. I believe the fellow is 38 years old and has a pro record of 4-12.

Yes it was an ordinary opponent but just the way he moves and hits. So much of his old mans style in him. Only a kid so plenty to learn still but I’ll be taking a keen interest in his progress

You weak dog

You weak dog

Cheap shot…dead set cheap shot.

man that looked dirty

Think Mundine might edge it

WOW Green won it.

Oh yeah!

WOW Green won it.

The feed I was watching cut out just as they were reading the last score card. I was searching for the result & blitz once again was there - thanks. Can’t say I’m much of an expert but it looked to me like Green won most of the early rounds & Mundine seemed to be ducking & grappling more than punching (except for when the ref had hold of Green). Also it was hard to see a lot of the punches on the poor quality feed especially after round 6 (when I had to find a new feed) but Green didn’t look like he’d copped much at the end in spite of Mundine looking the better in the late rounds.

WOW Green won it.

Obviously you miss a bit watching it live but I had Mundine up by a couple of points