Brad Scott probems to sort out (Part 1)

Kelly mentioned that if one player/line breaks down it’s a domino effect and leaves gaps the further the opposition transitions. You take that with what Redman said about playing your role and if you don’t you’re out of the team it sound like the mids and forwards will need to be more accountable defensively and probably more conservative in how they corral their opponent and not break the line.

2 Likes

We fixed our defence in 2017 or 2018 with Harding, before Rutten came. Then he came in and our defence got worse.

There’s an article about it, I can’t seem to find it.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Remember when Norf was a good team in the 2012 to 2016 era.

Scott would wait until Norf got 2 goals ahead and swing Drew Petrie down back as a +1

Petrie was a very good intercept marker. We would start winning the ball trying toget the lead back and Petrie would intercept until the early morn, then kick it towards Lindsay Thomas who would milk high frees until the cows came home.

I think he will try this.

3 Likes

When perm forwards go bad

14 Likes

I am much more terrified of an angry Brad Scott than Ben Rutten

Also I hear he has a massive disco ball directory.

1 Like

Correct.

All basically came down to tackling, we went from one of the highest tackling teams to one of the lowest. Not really rocket surgery.

Also coincided with the very, very unimpressive B Caracella coming back home, and Skipworth making way.

I’m pretty sure @ivan will like this.

Hopefully it also makes us better at playing against opponents who use a spare

Fascinating to think what Brad Scotts 22 will be. Truck had years at the club, and some influence from working under Woosha as to what the 22 should be. Certainly feels that Scott is far more an outsider to Essendon and should be able to put a 22 together with little to no outside influence or any preconceived ideas.

Just hope he gets a good run with injuries so we can see a best 22 take shape & play consecutive weeks of football together.

3 Likes

Where do you get the information regarding Caracella being unimpressive? I know there was some discussion about him taking a family break at one stage but my understanding is that this was agreed before taking on the job.
It also looks like he is retaining his job after the inquiry.
He did coach the side to their first win last year.

The problem with the assistants was that they were being deployed in areas that weren’t their strengths. Daniel Giansiracusa was in charge of the defence when he was forwards coach at the Dogs. Dale Tapping became forward coach with us after a successful stint with Brisbane responsible for stoppage and clearances in the midfield group. I’d like to think Scott has the coaches working in areas that they have strengths in…

11 Likes

From watching his midfield setup and play.

Truck was senior coach in all but name after 1 whole year at Essendon.
Must’ve really impressed.

But the back 6 is set going by training watchers … but it’s 7 isn’t it now 8 in the back line lol

Let’s just flood the back line

Redman today said anyone that dosent play their role in the team wont get games

4 Likes

If he is still available WSPHU.

1 Like

When Skip was the forward coach in 2017, we were one of the best attacking team in the league. In the second half of 2018, we were one of the best defensive teams, fixed up by Harding.

Had we stuck with Worsfold, Skipworth and Harding with no Shiel, we’d probably have continued our trajectory.

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

Having prime Daniher, prime Fantasia, Walla, and Hooksy as 2nd KPF probably helped a bit.

2 Likes

So Replace Petrie with Wright or Draper dropping back as an extra.
Wright has done this in the past for us, and taken some good marks,
And replace Thomas with Walla or Davey, we just need umps to pay the free kicks that are there.