Brad Scott - time for probing the probematic spelling (Part 2)

Agree would have got us to the perfect start putting early score board pressure on the scum and giving us mometum.

3 Likes

It’s a very fickle thing, form.

We were seemingly nailing those shots only a few short weeks ago.

2 Likes

He sure is

4 Likes

Scott is the best thing to happen to this club since Sheedy arrived in the eighties. He has been involved in one offseason and we have seen an improvement. I think give him the next 2 and now with a competent (we hope) recruiting manager we might be a chance to trade and draft to fill our obvious talent deficiencies.

He has already proven that he can manage the players and raise standards, as well as instigate a simple game plan that gave us chances against the scum. Thank God for David Barham and his intervention……he has at least given us hope!

16 Likes

I thought playing Kelly on the wing was dumb, but Kelly up forward is an all timer

Pardon me?

1 Like

I assume he was there to control Saad? But agree it made no sense, mind you if he is even getting a game in our senior side it shows there is a long way to go before we can truly compete

1 Like

There are Kelly types in good teams.

1 Like

Why delete this??

STAND BY YOUR MAN!!!

1 Like

Not true at all. We missed a lot of very basic shots for goal.

https://x.com/aflxscore/status/1799779784030839183?s=46&t=6Opj6cGP5qvva4FL8YKH3Q

6 Likes

He was playing up forward but not playing as a forward.
As it turns out - our defense did well.

Mrs Banone after me challenging at considerable volume the inability for us to kick basic goals (insert many examples over past month) commented “Jeez hon, I reckon i could kick that” whilst checking the TV not fractured with remote inserted. Not sure why you sticking up for players, they can’t kick basic set shots consistently, they, coach and blind Freddy aware of it.

1 Like

Our defence looked more solid when he was back there. And our forward line looked a lot better when he wasn’t there

2 Likes

100%. Mrs Fox could have kicked some of those goals. Perkins, Menzies, Tsatas and so on.

3 Likes

Perhaps we could get them together, send them to the Hanger for some skills training for the boys?

Doesn’t seem that long ago where we won a game or two by being accurate and Championdata were claiming we should not have won !

Don’t hear them saying same about FC !

6 Likes

This is all coaching. You have Kelly that is a known gun small defender, yet we play Laverde as a small defender.

Look how many of the set shots were taken from 60 degrees, 40-50 metres out. They’re such low-probability angles and distances, it’s not worth taking the shot. By contrast, the Carlton distribution of set shots is more concentrated directly in front of goal. I said this is part of the problem and that is demonstrated by the graph.

1 Like

Does anyone else think B.Scott seems more emotionally invested in the outcome of games this year. Looks a lot more animated when they focus on him throughout the game. I didn’t really see that last year.

6 Likes

I think he is just excited watching his boys Kelly and Goldstein play

1 Like