Brandon Matera

The promise of more midfield time would probably interest him. He may think that at GC he is destined to be stuck in a pocket while Ablett, O'Meara, Swallow, Prestia, Bennell and Martin hog the midfield minutes. Not to mention Shaw, Lonergan, Sexton...

Agree with Windy. Only interested if Matera can play in the midfield. Would rather grab a tall with our first round pick - either trade or in the draft.

The promise of more midfield time would probably interest him. He may think that at GC he is destined to be stuck in a pocket while Ablett, O'Meara, Swallow, Prestia, Bennell and Martin hog the midfield minutes. Not to mention Shaw, Lonergan, Sexton...

Agree with Windy. Only interested if Matera can play in the midfield. Would rather grab a tall with our first round pick - either trade or in the draft.
I'm saying Matera might be interested if we promised midfield minutes. Personally I think we need a goal kicking small forward more than another midfielder.

I'm saying Matera might be interested if we promised midfield minutes. Personally I think we need a goal kicking small forward more than another midfielder.

He can do both. Won't leave GC though I wouldn't think. Stay there and the odds are that you could very well be a multiple premiership player.

He can do both. Won't leave GC though I wouldn't think. Stay there and the odds are that you could very well be a multiple premiership player.
and get a really good tan.

and get a really good tan.

So you are saying Baguley should take on some recruiting duties?

Trade Dempsey for him, cause Demps will end up in Queensland very soon anyway.

He'll be in Queensland very soon, this weekend as a matter of fact.

Personal reasons ?
Don't elaborate, just a yes or no.

Personal reasons ?

I have absolutely no inside info whatsoever. 

Based off pure speculation which is likely to be wrong, his head doesn't seem to be in it. On social media he virtually only posts pictures of his kids that are in Queensland talking about missing them ect. Perfectly natural and it could be nothing more than a proud Dad but I just get the feeling there may be some go-home factor so he can be closer to them. Would rather sell when stocks are high and get something than get burnt in a year or two.

Disclaimer: Love Demps and this is all pure speculation. Reckon he's top 5 at the club when up and going and he could turn it all around when he gets a few games into him. Just worried his poor form is mental as much as needing match time.

I also think we can cover half back flank but have no legit small forward options like Matera. Winders is great but he 'plays tall'. We need a small ■■■■■■ that can sneak 30-40 a year and provide defensive pressure. We didn't have a single tackle inside 50 until the third quarter last Saturday. 

I see Matera developing into a Stokes like player as well. Very good investment if we could get him.

I’d be having a sniff around GC and GWS guys who are on the fringe of selection too. Sexton and Taylor from GC would be worth a look, as would Buntine, Jaksch and Whiley at GWS.

Thanks Your Team, agree that he is top 5 when up and about…if he felt he had to leave for family reasons then that is understandable.

Personal reasons ?

I have absolutely no inside info whatsoever.
Based off pure speculation which is likely to be wrong, his head doesn't seem to be in it. On social media he virtually only posts pictures of his kids that are in Queensland talking about missing them ect. Perfectly natural and it could be nothing more than a proud Dad but I just get the feeling there may be some go-home factor so he can be closer to them. Would rather sell when stocks are high and get something than get burnt in a year or two.
Disclaimer: Love Demps and this is all pure speculation. Reckon he's top 5 at the club when up and going and he could turn it all around when he gets a few games into him. Just worried his poor form is mental as much as needing match time.

I totally agree with what your saying. I've been thinking the same. However I'm pretty sure his kids are up North Queensland like cairns so for him to move to Brisbane or Gold Coast really wouldn't solve anything for him anyway so I think he'll stay put.
The fact he was real close with Jarrod harbrow might be more aof a Gold Coast pull though

Cairns is ace.

Apart from all the things that can kill you.

With all of this small forward talk… Enter the DELL.

Don't need, have Dell.

But still want.

I'll get into his cousin who is at Souths

Want just to see Eagles fans have a meltdown