Brandon Matera

They are. Have been for years.

Everyone is saying heā€™d be an upgrade on Green. Heā€™d be an upgrade on Colyer too.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that he could be nabbed for a 3rd round pick. If so, get him.

1 Like

Does he have the same pace as Colyer? Green and Colyer are very different players.

We donā€™t need more inconsistent players.

Before we got Green I was for it. But nowā€¦ no.

Name a small fwd that isnā€™t inconsistent

Weā€™ve seen it with TIPPA and Raz. Even Eddie Betts has weeks where he has no impact

1 Like

I think he has more strings to his bow than Green and Howlett - and Speedy is right, how many small forwards perform week in week out? If he could run through the midfield as well and be productive. Green hasnā€™t been productive through the middle at all of late.

Swap of our 2nd round pick for their 3rd round pick? We always draft some unknown with our 2nd so surely the player we want will still be there!

1 Like

Yeah they are very different. One barely gets it and sprays it when he does and the other fumbles it before spraying it. Not sure how Matera rates pace wise but heā€™d have to be quicker than Green.

I still think thereā€™s a place for Green in the team. He just needs to start nailing the goals again. Early in the season he didnā€™t look like missing, but nowā€¦

4 Likes

Corrected.

1 Like

Like last week when he got MCGrathedā€¦ *cough

1 Like

Would love to get Aaron Hall. Think heā€™d really add something to our midfield.

8 Likes

Touk Miller is another I would be looking at
Local boy too IIRC

That said I have no idea about his contract status

1 Like

Barracked for us as a kid.

1 Like

What would Miller be worth?

Probably a mid to late teens pick or equivalent if out of contract, but heā€™s contracted until 2019.

Contracted for next year unfortunately.

What are these contract things of which you speak?

1 Like

Theyā€™re those things that GC Suns take quite seriously. Remember Caddy fest?

I was there, and Oā€™meara.

Just wondering if a sob story about the clubā€™s culture, previous history of drug use, how good a coach Rocket was etc could be used. I know there not on the eve of a final butā€¦