Brandon Matera

Spud!

I remember him being good in 2011/2012.

Dont really remember seeing him much since then.

Just a player and nothing more - We already have similar types - Pass.

YES

RATE

YES

RATE

Of course you do.

Thatā€™s the end of that then.

RIP Brandon.

Yep. Weā€™re desperate for natural forwards and heā€™s one who I think would benefit from a change of scenery. At 25 he still has plenty of footy left in him and heā€™d come at a reasonable price. Needs to improve in a couple of areas, but IMO heā€™s an upgrade on Kommer/Edwards and is a better option than Jerrett/Howlett (who are often used as makeshift crumbers).

Is he indigenous enough to get benfti excited?

Average at best. Peter would have been nice

Free, maybe, not worth spending anything on other than some late throw away pick.

I think it would depend on whether we rate Ainsworth as the best player in the draft or not.

There probably isnā€™t a reason to trade him in if Ainsworth is our long term option.

Even if we did select Ainsworth we canā€™t rely on one 18yr old player to fill a list need we donā€™t have much of.

Youā€™d still get Matera anyway who is 25.

And we have many sides playing multiple small forwards anyway.

Hawks - Breust, Rioli, Poppy.
Crows - Betts, Cameron
Freo - Ballantyne, Walters
North - Thomas, Higgins, Harvey

Matera and he both have a case of the angry ants as well as goal nouse so the more the merrier

Matera is a very talented player.

If we only have 3 spots available on the list, we shouldnā€™t use 2 of them on small forwards.

Recruited from WA wasnā€™t he? So no go home factor for us.

Canā€™t get a game for Gold Coast.

No.

Can't get a game for Gold Coast.

No.

I have an opinion that many players are better than what they might appear, such as Matera. Their problem, which is his problem, is that they have ended up in a team that does not seem to know how to develop talent nor use their existing talent properly.

Hawthorn, Geelong & Sydney are sides that show that you can take fringe players and turn them into very good footballers, they also seem to have this incredible ability to discern when they have got the most they can out of some players and move them on.

GC have wasted the talent that Matera has and i am not sure we are in the best place presently to take advantage of his talent and develop it further. I think we are good with developing a number of kids and are improving in that area greatly but do we have the ability to take an established player who has stagnated and re-ignite their careers?

Can't get a game for Gold Coast.

No.

Brian Lake couldnā€™t get a game for the Bulldogs and won a Norm Smith the next year
Jack Gunston didnā€™t think he was on Adelaideā€™s best 22 when he left

YES

RATE

Of course you do.

hahah have you picked up the pattern?

How the hell is Matera signed up 'til 2017? They have destroyed that player. Melbournesque.