Brandon Matera

Can't get a game for Gold Coast.

No.

Brian Lake couldn’t get a game for the Bulldogs and won a Norm Smith the next year
Jack Gunston didn’t think he was on Adelaide’s best 22 when he left

Brian was just due to age.
Gunston was wrong, Adelaide was extremely ■■■■■■ off.

Jenkins couldn’t get a game at Essendon.

Just the sort of player we need. A beautiful kick and a nose for goal too.

Hasn’t had a kick in three years.

Is his first name really spellt that way?

Don’t want.

I like the idea provided he’s not to expensive. Very quick, lots of natural talent. Form has dropped, but a change of environment could be just what he needs.

Don’t want.

http://m.famousfix.com/list/celebrities-with-first-name-brandon

Don’t want.

Hasn’t been the same since 90210 was cancelled

Heard he trained with the three eyed crow during pre season

Average at best. Peter would have been nice
Any of his uncles would have been more than nice!
Even if we did select Ainsworth we can't rely on one 18yr old player to fill a list need we don't have much of.

You’d still get Matera anyway who is 25.

And we have many sides playing multiple small forwards anyway.

Hawks - Breust, Rioli, Poppy.
Crows - Betts, Cameron
Freo - Ballantyne, Walters
North - Thomas, Higgins, Harvey

Matera and he both have a case of the angry ants as well as goal nouse so the more the merrier

Some of those guys rotate through the middle as well, which is probably the role we want Fantasia playing. We’ve also picked up Redman and Eades.

That all said, just because we got Ainsworth I wouldn’t be against getting Matera on those grounds. I’m a fan of the strong forward flanker theory (think Bewick, Mercuri, Hird, Caracella, Moorcroft and Blumfield in one team). I just question whether B. Matera is good enough, or can become good enough.

Even if we did select Ainsworth we can't rely on one 18yr old player to fill a list need we don't have much of.

Crows - Betts, Cameron

Matera and he both have a case of the angry ants as well as goal nouse so the more the merrier

Some of those guys rotate through the middle as well, which is probably the role we want Fantasia playing. We’ve also picked up Redman and Eades.

That all said, just because we got McCluggage I wouldn’t be against getting Matera on those grounds. I’m a fan of the strong forward flanker theory (think Bewick, Mercuri, Hird, Caracella, Moorcroft and Blumfield in one team). I just question whether B. Matera is good enough, or can become good enough.

McCluggage inside outside mid/forward with speed and tricks.
averaging 28 poss, 16 kicks and 2 goals a game so far this season, and even tackles too.

Crows - Betts, Cameron

That all said, just because we got McCluggage I wouldn’t be against getting Matera on those grounds. I’m a fan of the strong forward flanker theory (think Bewick, Mercuri, Hird, Caracella, Moorcroft and Blumfield in one team). I just question whether B. Matera is good enough, or can become good enough.

McCluggage inside outside mid/forward with speed and tricks. averaging 28 poss, 16 kicks and 2 goals a game so far this season, and even tackles too.
I don't think which forward was taken with pick #1 was the point I was making.

Crows - Betts, Cameron

That all said, just because we got Ainsworth I wouldn’t be against getting Matera on those grounds. I’m a fan of the strong forward flanker theory (think Bewick, Mercuri, Hird, Caracella, Moorcroft and Blumfield in one team). I just question whether B. Matera is good enough, or can become good enough.

He was.
Mountain of work to get him back to that level again.

Did he barrack for us as a kid?

Exactly this. I can’t imagine a player who would better suit our list “type” wise.

GC suck. Half time only have 4 goals and Matera has 2 of them. He knows where they are. Slots one from the boundary and a snap.

Can't get a game for Gold Coast.

No.

I have an opinion that many players are better than what they might appear, such as Matera. Their problem, which is his problem, is that they have ended up in a team that does not seem to know how to develop talent nor use their existing talent properly.

Hawthorn, Geelong & Sydney are sides that show that you can take fringe players and turn them into very good footballers, they also seem to have this incredible ability to discern when they have got the most they can out of some players and move them on.

GC have wasted the talent that Matera has and i am not sure we are in the best place presently to take advantage of his talent and develop it further. I think we are good with developing a number of kids and are improving in that area greatly but do we have the ability to take an established player who has stagnated and re-ignite their careers?

Ask Looney, see what he says.

Exactly this. I can’t imagine a player who would better suit our list “type” wise.

Jack Martin?

Just get him. We need his crumbing and goal kicking nouse. Eades and co will end up playing up ground more IMO.

As much as Bags has potential up forward he is so valuable down back, rather keep him there.