Brandon Matera

Just get him. We need his crumbing and goal kicking nouse. Eades and co will end up playing up ground more IMO.

As much as Bags has potential up forward he is so valuable down back, rather keep him there.

What is his average as a goal kicking crumber? (not having a go serious question)

Just get him. We need his crumbing and goal kicking nouse. Eades and co will end up playing up ground more IMO.

As much as Bags has potential up forward he is so valuable down back, rather keep him there.

What is his average as a goal kicking crumber? (not having a go serious question)

Iā€™m sure it isnā€™t great but he had been playing in a team getting belted for majority of start of his career and had his injury troubles.

Itā€™s potential when he is actually fit and on the park thatā€™s being looked at.

Certainly shouldnā€™t cost the world to get him.

Kicked 3 (1/3 of gold coasts goals) in a team that got pumped last week.

Iā€™m sure it isnā€™t great but he had been playing in a team getting belted for majority of start of his career and had his injury troubles.

Itā€™s potential when he is actually fit and on the park thatā€™s being looked at.

Certainly shouldnā€™t cost the world to get him.

It wouldnā€™t want to. Heā€™s 24 this year and hardly a proven player. So while I think he has (had when GC first recruited him?) talent he isnā€™t going to walk in and start killing it. Under the best realistic scenario (in the hypothetical world where we trade for him) he has a good 2017 and builds some form and consistency in a new team setting himself up for a very good 2018.

By then heā€™d be 26, and while not an old man heā€™d already be a fair way through his career. Thanks to injuries and ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  development (imo) at GC he simply doesnā€™t have time to sit around developing anymore and any club looking at him should take this into account.

Perhaps we should ask Bluey McKenna what he thinks?

Assuming we have 1, 19 and 37, 55 and they have 4, 22, 40, 58 Iā€™d be going pick 37 and 55 for Matera and 58.

Assuming we have 1, 19 and 37, 55 and they have 4, 22, 40, 58 I'd be going pick 37 and 55 for Matera and 58.

We have enough developing small forwards. Why chase a fringe player.

Assuming we have 1, 19 and 37, 55 and they have 4, 22, 40, 58 I'd be going pick 37 and 55 for Matera and 58.

We have enough developing small forwards. Why chase a fringe player.

To be fair, weā€™ve always had developing small forwards.

Still havenā€™t found a good one.

If we got him for pick 37 iā€™d be interested but he really hasnā€™t done much. Heā€™s a small forward only and I wouldnā€™t rate him in the top 10 small forwards either. Betts, Rioli, Rioli, Billings, Puoplolo, Bruest, Elliott, Garlett, Papley, Green, Cripps, Ballantyne, Charlie Cameron, Walters all better players

Who is the second Rioli? And which Cripps? Green?

Thereā€™s the problem thoughā€¦
Everyone assumes heā€™s a goal sneak / small forward. Thatā€™s where GC play him.
But he finds himself up the field chasing possessions (and doing a poor job at that) while not putting defensive pressure on anyone.

Heā€™s an outside midfielder who still hasnā€™t been able to gain enough strength to break tackles (or lay many) and also not quick enough to sneak away from defenders.

He is talented, but where he fits into any team (let alone ours) is a tough question to answer.

With him, you cannot blame GCā€™s poor development. Others have shown glimpses of being a dominant performer (Oā€™Meara, Bennell, Swallow, Lynch, Hall and Prestia to name a few) yet he is yet to show anything of what he showed at U18 level across a ten week period.

Heā€™s worth a gamble, but not an early second round pick. Maybe a pick in the late 20s / early 30s.

Unless of courseā€¦
He mimics Hall and smashes it in the last half of the seasonā€¦

We should go for him. he has so much talent.

We should go for him. he has so much talent.

A change of club could be just the tonic.

Gets to play at a big Victorian club in blockbusters games like Anzac Day,Dreamtime in front of massive crowds also the team doesnā€™t travel much interstate.

I think it will be good for him.

his offensive game is solid, but whats his defensive pressure like? thats half a small forwards job these days. look at puopolo. kicks some goals but is massive in his defensive pressure which is what makes him such a good player for hawthorn

Was bored today at home crook so against better judgement I ventured over to Big Floggy for a laugh. There was a bloke over there that reckons Disco was in attendance at a Suns NEAFL game recently paying very close attention to Matera.

Was bored today at home crook so against better judgement I ventured over to Big Floggy for a laugh. There was a bloke over there that reckons Disco was in attendance at a Suns NEAFL game recently paying very close attention to Matera.

Ask flog how many jackets was Dodoro wearing?

He the kinda player that would flourish in a good side.

And thatā€™s us?

Ask flog how many jackets was Dodoro wearing?
Why is he a flog? Seems a bit disrespectful for someone you know nothing about.

There is not a player in the league who would be a better pick up for us, all things considered. There is a Brandon-Matera-shaped hole in our best side right now, assuming Yestin doesnā€™t fill it, and he wouldnā€™t be that expensive.

There is not a player in the league who would be a better pick up for us, all things considered. There is a Brandon-Matera-shaped hole in our best side right now, assuming Yestin doesn't fill it, and he wouldn't be that expensive.

Change your Avatar to Matera, show us that you mean it.