Brandon Matera

He was pretty handy until this year. He could be just carrying a niggle, zaka style? I think he’d be a good get if cheap

I live on the Coast and watch him with interest, but he is lazy and does not work hard. Sure he has talent but he needs to work a lot harder = No.

I live on the Coast and watch him with interest, but he is lazy and does not work hard. Sure he has talent but he needs to work a lot harder = No.

Worsfold will fix him up.

Take it with a grain of salt, but Brett Anderson reckons Essendon is in the box seat for Matera. I’m not sure how reliable his mail usually is.

I’d rather him than Green.

Edit: Matera that is. Not Anderson

I'd rather him than Green.

Edit: Matera that is. Not Anderson

Agree.

Even if Green was Gary Ablett he just seems like a massive…

Matera would be a very handy small forward and and if our delivery into fwd 50 improves he could kick many goals.

IF we could land Matera for cheaper than pick 19 I would jump at it. His has question marks sure, but he’s a better prospect to fill that spot than anything we’ve seen since Moorcroft.

1 Like

No club would dream of giving up pick 19 for Matera.

I’d be wanting something better than Moorcroft for pick 19. Moorcroft was good, don’t get me wrong, but I would want 45 goals a season for a small forward with pick 19.

I’m not sure which part of “cheaper than pick 19” was unclear. In other words if its pick 33 then yes, if its a trade for something around that mark then again yes, if its pick 19 - No. BTW, a near certain 45 goal a year forward of any size would cost more than pick 19. Do you think for example Hawthorn would trade Breust for pick 19, would Port accept 19 for Wingard?

He’s worth nothing, it would a PSD or late pick.

He's worth nothing, it would a PSD or late pick.

Then why would we be interested?

Just a heads up. To get a bargain, it means you have to first get a player that is underperforming, but has shown glimses of really good form.
Then get the best out of them on a consistent basis to have won the trade!

Both Matera and Green have done this (shown glimpses of really good form) . Maybe their hearts/heads just aren’t into their current clubs.

I say we absolutely need a ready made player of that type.

No

He's worth nothing, it would a PSD or late pick.

Then why would we be interested?

Because we think we can turn him into something.

Want. Would like him and green. They both know how to kick goals. Woosha and co appear to have assessed the list and realised a real hole re goal kickers.
Hopefully we are moving away from the idea of playing mids or semi retired players as forward pockets and hoping they kick goals.

Watch public opinion change on Green when he kicks 5 goals on us in a few weeks, and then wants to fight blokes between kicking goals.

I rate green over Matera, as much as Green is a lil ****, he does some good things and fills a hole for EFC, would be a good get.

I'd be wanting something better than Moorcroft for pick 19. Moorcroft was good, don't get me wrong, but I would want 45 goals a season for a small forward with pick 19.

Get out of town! I’d give up pick one for a player who can kick 45 goals a season. Bewick only managed that tally once in his career. Moorcroft never managed more than 30.