Brendon Ah Chee

Brendon Ah Chee has requested a trade from Port Adelaide
Related

Trade period preview: Who will your club target?

PORT Adelaide midfielder Brendon Ah Chee has informed the Power he will be looking for a new club during the NAB AFL Trade Period.

The Power have told the out-of-contract Ah Chee that he is a required player, but he is keen to move on for more opportunities of playing regular senior football.

AFL.com.au understands three clubs are interested in the 23-year-old, who has played 27 games in his six seasons with the Power.

Ah Chee was linked with a move to Gold Coast last year to play alongside younger brother Callum Ah Chee, who is signed with the Suns until the end of 2019.

However, it’s understood the Suns are down the pecking order of the clubs that are chasing Ah Chee this time around.

Ah Chee hails from Western Australia, but going home won’t be a factor in his decision as he’s comfortable with playing anywhere.

His main priority is finding a club that will give him the greatest chance of playing senior football.

At 188cm and 88kg, Ah Chee has the size to find the ball inside and is also capable of going forward and making an impact on the scoreboard, as shown in the SANFL grand final when he kicked a couple of clutch goals in the last quarter to keep Port Adelaide in the game.

Ah Chee played just five senior games for the Power this year.

His best game was in the round 11 win against Hawthorn when he had 26 possessions, six clearances and a goal.

But he was unable to command a regular spot in the side, with his last appearance coming in the round 21 win against Collingwood when he had 15 disposals.

Ah Chee joined the Power as with pick No.45 in the 2011 NAB AFL Draft.

It’s going to be a busy trade period for the Power, with restricted free agent Jackson Trengove set to join the Western Bulldogs, contracted forward Jarman Impey linked with the Bulldogs and Hawthorn, while Jack Watts and Steven Motlop could be heading to Alberton.

More By Lee Gaskin

Do not particularly want.

2 Likes

Brendon Ah No

5 Likes

Serious question. What’s his knock? Seems a good size and can get the pill in the 2nds.

No serious knock. He’s just not very good.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

Barely in the team this year, or ever really, and they call him a “required player”. Such a stupid term.

2 Likes

Is his good mate Jughead also available?

2 Likes

Ah Chee??

Gesundheit.

3 Likes

Brendon Nah Chee

2 Likes

Cornes said Ah Chee was to be delisted… so he announces he wants a trade (to improve his value - optics) and then the club announces he’s a required player… Please :wink:

I’d be interested as a DFA on a 1 year deal. I believe his issue is that Port won’t play him in the middle much.

That’s it, he wants to play as an inside mid and the power want him to be a flanker

I will always remeber this

Guy can handball further than Hep can kick it

2 Likes

I’d offer up a late pick, I think he could be mended. And we may be able to get his brother next year

4 Likes

Absolutely worth a punt if we can get him at the right price.

The Sneeze

2 Likes

He can play, hinkley had never given him a decent run in the seniors. His sanfl form is always pretty solid. He’s 200% a inside midfielder but hinkley plays him as a forward

But he does not want to go to Victoria, absolutely zero chance. West Coast or Gold Coast

Is there a reason he wouldnt come to Vic?

Too many runny nose jokes during winters here.

3 Likes