England: Mr Bates versus the Establishment

Ha, xe.com has crashed under the extra load.

Left leaning political parties in Europe will also push for an exit. It will be difficult to keep the EU together.

Also, watch out for EU recriminations against the UK, they are not going to make this easy for the UK as a lot of other countries are watching

It is just a popular vote - a referendum - it is non-binding on the Parliament. No recriminations will happen unless Parliament actually invokes Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty.

They are out. UK have to withdraw from the EU in two years time, there is no going back.

Just so you fully understand I will copy this:

Britain would be the first country to leave the EU since its formation - but a leave vote will not immediately mean Britain ceases to be a member of the 28-nation bloc.

That process could take a minimum of two years, with Leave campaigners suggesting during the referendum campaign that it should not be completed until 2020 - the date of the next scheduled general election.

The prime minister will have to decide when to trigger Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, which would give the UK two years to negotiate its withdrawal.
BBC

So how come our stock market got routed because of the Brits?

Because people panic and stock markets panic when a politician sneezes.

Well, for starters, if the Brits leave they lose a crapload of access to markets etc, and anyone who’s got investments exposed to the UK economy is going to feel that. And second, it’s going to be hard to keep a whole lot of other countries in, and of countries start leaving the EU then some of them (Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Ireland…) could start defaulting on their debts, in which case every financial institution in the world loses.

Well, for starters, if the Brits leave they lose a crapload of access to markets etc, and anyone who’s got investments exposed to the UK economy is going to feel that. And second, it’s going to be hard to keep a whole lot of other countries in, and of countries start leaving the EU then some of them (Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Ireland…) could start defaulting on their debts, in which case every financial institution in the world loses.

So what your saying they’ve ■■■■■■ themselves in the hope of long term gain at the cost of exponentially destabilising their economy?

So what happens now?

Will the Scots try for independence again, given their unanimous support to stay in the EU?
Is there another referendum on the cards, given the huge amount of under 30s who voted to stay?
And what now for Europe itself. Could every country just go it alone?

You wouldn’t think they could have another vote. That’s akin to “you’re all going to keep voting until we get the result we want.”

Cameron oot.

Haha, that's the first place I went.
Haha, that's the first place I went.

■■■■■■■ thought so. I’m in Italy and want to see what’s happened with the rate. I had cash anyway so not too fussed

WAxit. Screw you people.

Waxit, Wax off.

WAxit. Screw you people.

We’ve been carrying you lot too long anyway.

Oh… mining. Please don’t go!

They may lose ‘free’ access. But those access agreements will be renegotiated over the next few years before their exit is confirmed. It will be in both the UKs and EUs interest to negotiate mutually beneficial agreements so it’s hardly going to be economic armageddon for the UK.

Left leaning political parties in Europe will also push for an exit. It will be difficult to keep the EU together.

Also, watch out for EU recriminations against the UK, they are not going to make this easy for the UK as a lot of other countries are watching

It is just a popular vote - a referendum - it is non-binding on the Parliament. No recriminations will happen unless Parliament actually invokes Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty.

They are out. UK have to withdraw from the EU in two years time, there is no going back.

Just so you fully understand I will copy this:

Britain would be the first country to leave the EU since its formation - but a leave vote will not immediately mean Britain ceases to be a member of the 28-nation bloc.

That process could take a minimum of two years, with Leave campaigners suggesting during the referendum campaign that it should not be completed until 2020 - the date of the next scheduled general election.

The prime minister will have to decide when to trigger Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty, which would give the UK two years to negotiate its withdrawal.
BBC

I understand, however…any British politician who decides NOT to invoke Article 50, after this referendum result, will commit political suicide for his party and himself. So they are leaving, no doubt about it.

WAxit. Screw you people.

I’d declare myself Grand Chancellor of West Oz.

WAxit. Screw you people.

I’d declare myself Grand Chancellor of West Oz.

Make it a principality.

WA Waxit far too often for mine … let 'em fk off & see how they go it alone.

Get Big Sam in now.

Good stuff Brits, screw the EU