Bringing it all back home: your thoughts

At Sunday’s match I was sitting with a few hardy Bombers fairly close to the St K cheer squad. The Dons were kicking towards us in the last. Of course we were going crazy as we got 7 points up etc (funny how good the little successes can feel) but we were next to a massive wall of silent Saints. And it was the same at the other end in that see-sawing quarter- the Saints would kick towards a wall of stony Essendon fans.

So why do we put up with this? Why not get rid of the coin toss and make sure each team kicks towards their cheer squad/supporters in the last quarter? It looks better, it supports the team better and it feels better. I don’t think it would lead to rigging ground conditions. Am I missing something?

■■■■■■■ hell

Back to the original post, I've heard of dumber ideas, especially at Etihad where there's no wind to speak of.

OK, that’s all I need. I’l pass it over to Ryan McKee and the shadowy illuminati who decide such things.

I reckon because the people who are going at this time of the year in such a sh*tshow of a season for us are the absolute nutters. I mean who the fk wants to go to the Dome at 4.40 on a fkg Sunday and drink $7.80 beers that you can't even take out of the bars after 3/4 time.

New Etihad Stadium Conditions of Entry

Essendon Supporters are too Loud and should stay quiet.

LOL. One guy in the grog squad was barracking for the Bombers, but apparently just a little bit “loud”.

The Etihad official asked him to “quieten down”. What the !!!

Not as though it was the MCC members or something frightfully posh fcs.

Speaking of that, what happened to Wob’s near-arrest at Subi?

@westozziebomber

"‘Excuse me are you Sir Joe of GOOGS?’’
‘Why yes, yes I am’’
‘‘Finish your drinks INSIDE and FK OFF’’

Slightly unrelated but worth noting, may just be me but I feel like our supporters have come out this year far more vocal and feral than in the past considering smaller numbers and how little there is to cheer more often than not. I like it.

I reckon because the people who are going at this time of the year in such a sh*tshow of a season for us are the absolute nutters. I mean who the fk wants to go to the Dome at 4.40 on a fkg Sunday and drink $7.80 beers that you can’t even take out of the bars after 3/4 time.

I got my drinks out after 3/4 time? Also, this year haven’t had my ticket checked once. Just walked right to my seat.

probably don’t want to interact with the deranged don’s tragic.

Slightly unrelated but worth noting, may just be me but I feel like our supporters have come out this year far more vocal and feral than in the past considering smaller numbers and how little there is to cheer more often than not. I like it.

I reckon because the people who are going at this time of the year in such a sh*tshow of a season for us are the absolute nutters. I mean who the fk wants to go to the Dome at 4.40 on a fkg Sunday and drink $7.80 beers that you can’t even take out of the bars after 3/4 time.

I got my drinks out after 3/4 time? Also, this year haven’t had my ticket checked once. Just walked right to my seat.

There were signs up saying no full strength to be taken out of the Lockeroom after 7pm (probably 10 minutes into the last quarter from memory), not sure if it was all around the ground or not. I think it also depended on which security guard it was, some can’t be arsed with it.

You should always kick with the wind in the first quarter.

Especially at Etihad

Especially if kicking to the Bourke st end. It howls a gail through that La trobe st opening.

Also none of this handball business. Roost it long to Joey Daniher!

For some sad reason I’ve actually noticed this too, Ive sat in the same end as the Essendon cheer squad home or away heaps of times and it has to have been atleast 2 or 3 years since Essendon have kicked that way in the last quarter.

Every fkn time, it’s actually starting to irritate me. I should just stick to the wing.

At Sunday's match I was sitting with a few hardy Bombers fairly close to the St K cheer squad. The Dons were kicking towards us in the last. Of course we were going crazy as we got 7 points up etc (funny how good the little successes can feel) but we were next to a massive wall of silent Saints. And it was the same at the other end in that see-sawing quarter- the Saints would kick towards a wall of stony Essendon fans.

So why do we put up with this? Why not get rid of the coin toss and make sure each team kicks towards their cheer squad/supporters in the last quarter? It looks better, it supports the team better and it feels better. I don’t think it would lead to rigging ground conditions. Am I missing something?

As Nick “No Selfies” Reiwvodllt. He ‘won’ the toss that day.

(In more ways than one.)

Here’s an idea.

EFC are the anchor tenant.

■■■■ off all opposition cheer squad, have EFC ones at both ends. They don’t get to play their song either, before or after if they win.

For both home and away games.

Remember when opposition members couldn’t access tickets until the Tuesday right before the game, meaning EFC people jade all the best seats?

I’m not sure why they have a coin toss at Docklands. Cameron Ling said on the weekend that every team win the toss and kicks to their cheer squad in the first quarter. Very rarely does a team do the opposite.

If JoeyD keeps taking hangers like he did on Sunday more regularly and starts to slot goals consistently it won’t matter, every Bomber supporter at the ground will keep swapping ends at the end of each quarter just to be near the end he’s playing at.

If the guy with the red Mohawk hair do in the Cheer Squad is on Blitz. Then Mrs Fox is a bit smitten with you. We were in Perth last week and she was so impressed and watched you far too closely on Sunday.

You do a great job and love your work !!!

Sushi train cheer squads.

Personally I think the opposing cheers squads should swap ends each quarter so each team is always kicking to their cheer squad.

Or the areas outside the boundary fence are on a large rotating disk which rotates 180 degrees at the end of each quarter.

Or…I better stop now.

New Etihad Stadium Conditions of Entry

Essendon Supporters are too Loud and should stay quiet.

LOL. One guy in the grog squad was barracking for the Bombers, but apparently just a little bit “loud”.

The Etihad official asked him to “quieten down”. What the !!!

Not as though it was the MCC members or something frightfully posh fcs.

Back to the original post, I’ve heard of dumber ideas, especially at Etihad where there’s no wind to speak of.

Maybe the less enthusiastic are staying at home, so what’s left is the passionate ones.

I’m now 300km away so I don’t make it all that often.