Brisbane Lions

I think out of the bottom struggling clubs, to me Brisbane are looking the worst. apparently projected to lose $2-3 million a year, administration fighting with each other and then on field dramas. getting belted in every game, players keep leaving and tons of injuries.

Kevin Fartlett was talking about moving them to Tasmania on SEN today.

so what exactly does the AFL do with them? are they gonna survive? the downfall of Fitzroy all over again?

Need two teams in Queensland.

Ship North Melbourne to Tasmania.

Brisbane have been in the ■■■■ for years and years and their premierships covered over most of this. It is one thing to just give them extra cash and additional salary cap, but their off-field is a massive problem. Poor membership, poor facilities (won't attract players), poor management (fair exodus last season) and poor developement.

Board needs to settle, set out a blueprint for facilities like we did and go through with that.

Board is stupid. Sack Voss for Roos, then don’t even get Roos! They finally looked to be going a bit better as well.

I hope they beat Richmond on Thursday night.

They were always about to head down the ladder.

The Qlders were always going to stop going on mass when the wins reduced.

Now they know who the diehard supporters are.

They’ll be fine, they just need to be run properly and they’ll cycle back up in due course. The very big problem they will have is that GC are going to sit above them for quite some years to come. It’ll hurt them more than anyone else. But given they were gifted 3 flags by a similar process, they can suffer in their jocks.

I think out of the bottom struggling clubs, to me Brisbane are looking the worst. apparently projected to lose $2-3 million a year, administration fighting with each other and then on field dramas. getting belted in every game, players keep leaving and tons of injuries.

Kevin Fartlett was talking about moving them to Tasmania on SEN today.

so what exactly does the AFL do with them? are they gonna survive? the downfall of Fitzroy all over again?

How would that work KB? The Brisbane Tassie Lions doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

The Tassie Brisbane Fitzroy Lions.

Carn the TasBriRoys. Or the TasBrions.

Eww.

T But given they were gifted 3 flags by a similar process, they can suffer in their jocks.

This point makes it hard to really care about their plight also.

Tis funny that one of their favourite sons pretty much broke the remaining spirit of the place, well funny cos he seems like a ■■■■ of a bloke.

Worst facilities and worst run team in the comp.

They have 5 exercise bikes and a shipping container at coorparoo oval and a social club in springwood.

They spent millions to buy the land opposite the gabba to develop, which is now the most expensive players car park in the country.

Their list will soon see them getting priority picks who will walk out anyway.

I hope they beat Richmond aswell but I don't see how even if Richmond play ■■■■.

Bears.

Never forgive, never forget.

But be glad the North Lions didn’t win four in a row.

They should get Voss back. took him 5 years but he finally learnt how to coach half decently.

but they wanted Roosey to coach Browney and Adcocky and Rockliffy and McGrathy and Luenbergery and Reddeny....see Brisbane simply didn't have a list condusive to Paul Roos coaching them.

He took one look at their playing list and knew that job wasn't for him.

Now Melbourne on the other hand, Jonesy, Grimesy, Wattsy, Dawesy, Clarkey, Dunny, Baily, Spency, Gawny....was a prefect fit for him to show off his coaching wares!!

Their branding is in a world of trouble when Browney retires as well. no marketable players in the club bar maybe Rich

Next Melbourne fc. They’re in big trouble I’m afraid.

Asked a Lions fan who is a friend/workmate if he wanted to go to the Rnd 8 match - said he didn't want to spend the money. He lives literally 15 mins walk from the Gabba. Fark the Lions and their fair weather fans.   

Big congrats to Jonathon Brown on reaching 250 games. If there was ever a bloke who deserved it.....

Big congrats to Jonathon Brown on reaching 250 games. If there was ever a bloke who deserved it.....

Was finished years ago

Always seemed to save his best for the game against Essendon.

We certainly saw the best of him.

I might be the only one who thinks they don't totally suck.

Their best team is alright, I reckon.

Not finals, but not bottom four either.  I mean, sure, they might finish bottom four this year but that'll just make their comeback quicker.