Brisbane

I can't believe the AFL give out handouts to clubs who sack coaches mid contract (not in this case, but Melbourne and Carlton) and to clubs whose board is facing spills and in disarray (in this case).

I can't believe the AFL give out handouts to clubs who sack coaches mid contract (not in this case, but Melbourne and Carlton) and to clubs whose board is facing spills and in disarray (in this case).

The AFL's told the club that they're not allowed to change the board.

Democracy at work.

Democracy at work.

Not quite true, the AFL has told the members that they are free to vote as they choose, however if they vote out the current president then the AFL will withdraw their funding.

So was there a real need to sack Voss?

Exactly. Seems ludicrous. There must be more to the story, or their board has its head up its own ■■■■.

Democracy at work.
Not quite true, the AFL has told the members that they are free to vote as they choose, however if they vote out the current president then the AFL will withdraw their funding.

Lol when will this tyranny end

The AFL doesn’t want Lethal Leigh to be at the helm of the club as he is too knowledgable and sensible about football. Only corporate type lap dogs are allowed.

Jed Adcock named the new captain, Brown stepping down.

Seems like the right decision.

Screw Brisbane.

Democracy at work.

Do they know what "free as they choose" means?  Threatening to punish one of those choices invalidates that.

Democracy at work.

Do they know what "free as they choose" means?  Threatening to punish one of those choices invalidates that.

The events of last year have clearly indicated that any interference by the AFL in fair play or due process is considered, by them, to be 'helping'.

Democracy at work.

How is that different?

Democracy at work.

only just having seen this, it's interesting, seeing the commission is set up for the betterment of the game, that they continue to threaten clubs with not giving them money, if they don't do what the commission wants.

Democracy at work.

How is that different?

It's not.

Democracy at work.
only just having seen this, it's interesting, seeing the commission is set up for the betterment of the game, that they continue to threaten clubs with not giving them money, if they don't do what the commission wants.

Yes, very surprising that the commission have not intervened in Vlad's unfair, prejudicial, unfair means of doing "business".
Unless you'd followed anything they'd done in the last 10 years.

Democracy at work.

You're confusing their mandate and their actions.

Yes, they are supposed to be custodians of the game that deliver it in better shape to the next generation than they inherited it.

However, they are made up of cronies, mates and alliances, meaning their actions are basically rubber stamps for the whims of AFL management. And if that means someone's mate might lose his corporate lunch every weekend, then they put a stop to the notion in whatever way will get it stopped.