Brisvegas slugfest. match review thread

Last 5 games we have scored 60 points, 65, 60, 73 and 65. Forward line experiment has not worked and it is time to face the truth on this.

The truth is that itll take more than 8 games for a forwardline of essentially two first year full time forwards to show anything resembling a good forward combination.

wat

I'm not sure what you guys want.
When we lost to the Saints everyone said "Why can't we win ugly", "Why can't can't we grind out a win".
Well we have for the last two weeks. We are really out of form but found a way to win.
I'll take those 8 points any day. We actually fraught out two wins when previously we may have just given up.
Bunch of sooks in the match thread.

Absolutely agree.

is Ross Lyon secretly coaching us? Or is this defensive rubbish Goddard's influence?

One positive is we're getting games into lots of youngsters.

Our style is ugly. Constantly looking to give it off rather than move it forward, terrible forward entries, little dash or spark. The skill level has dropped markedly in the past month. The only redeeming feature has been the rock solid defence keeping the opposition’s score under our lame little total for the past 2 weeks.

Oh, and good to see Jobe step it up after half time. He became more assured and precise. His first half was embarrassing.

Chappy - wtf mister elbows???

Its every bit as good as a loss. Yes its 4 points, but FFS we were ordinary. When on earth is it going to change?

Come On Bombers you are better than that! Start showing it!

YAY WE WIN! YAY!!

I haven't been at a game for a few weeks but is our defensiveness a deliberate result of going full Ross-Lyon or just basically being terrible?

Why do we need to use 4 to 5 touches to clear defensive 50? 

Can Chappy serve his suspensions concurrently?

Hmmm...after reading the match thread and now this one, I can only say that I am glad I don't have foxtel

Brown didn't get a kick did he? Never did hear who was on him.

If it was Gibson the media would still be playing with there dicks over it.

Did just enough to win, but not an ounce more.

You aren't gonna go very far kicking 10 goals a game.

And even less if you kick 9!

Brown didn't get a kick did he? Never did hear who was on him.

If it was Gibson the media would still be playing with there dicks over it.

Or Cyril

Take the points burn the tapes

We won against Brisbane by less than 2 kicks at the last minute. I hate to forecast the losing margin when we play Sydney next. Very sad.

Would just love a glimpse from someone in the inner sanctum...a kernel of truth - just something to help us understand what is going on at  bomberland - every game is like we are wading through farken molasses. All out of excuses for a list of this talent. Yeah we take the 4 points and move on but this time is an absolute mystery at the moment

Good sides rely on a good defense. That is the big positive for us at the moment, our defense has been wonderful, once the forward line clicks we will run over sides. We were in losing positions for the last few weeks and have ran out games much stronger than our opponents, our fitness seems superior to others.

Not a great win but ill take an ugly win over a flashy loss anyday

Its every bit as good as a loss. Yes its 4 points, but FFS we were ordinary. When on earth is it going to change?
Come On Bombers you are better than that! Start showing it!

Stupid statement.