England: Mr Bates versus the Establishment

Turnout UK-wide was 72%

They’re actually saying it could take up to 2 years for the UK to leave the UE due to the way they revoke Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty.

well yes but of the 51% of the UK who voted to leave, only a small % would be due to racism issues
Of the >51% of Australia who agree Essendon are dirty stinking cheats who need to cop their right whack, only a small % would be due to having done anything but absorb and parrot what the media says.

51% of Britain voted to leave, but 75% is parliamentarians want to stay.

Don’t think there’ll be any great hurry to put the necessary wheels in motion, to be honest.

I like to focus on the important issues.

Does this mean England haven’t had a tennis grand slam event winner again since 1936?

Is it really going to impact Aust?

The only thing I can think of is that they may relax some of the visa restrictions/numbers on Commonwealth countries, as they won’t have the EU ‘freedom of movement’ rules. Anything else?

Now we need to have a #Texit

A campaign of calling people racists for daring to be pro-Brexit was not the most considered strategy ever thought of.

Can we blame Rupert Murdoch for this?

Is it really going to impact Aust?

The only thing I can think of is that they may relax some of the visa restrictions/numbers on Commonwealth countries, as they won’t have the EU ‘freedom of movement’ rules. Anything else?

It wiped $70b off our markets just now.

Can’t wait for a Vexit. We Victorians are the most important people after all. “We love you 'coz you’re a Victorian…”

Purely symbolic Hugely expensive Doesn't achieve anything

Some people just can’t have nice things.

basically the same as the ‘republic of australia’

Perhaps albeit minus the racist dimension.

This issue has very little to do with racism, that is only one small part of a number of issues.

In your opinion.

I’m not saying it’s all about racism. There are a range of issues as you say. But Farage and his ilk are out and out racists. And they’re cheering.

That’s actual democracy I suppose. Two party corporation backed elections are not. Otherwise we can just do dictatorships that no one supposedly likes.

51% of Britain voted to leave, but 75% is parliamentarians want to stay.

Don’t think there’ll be any great hurry to put the necessary wheels in motion, to be honest.

Yep, 2 years it would take once the decision is made however the decision could take quite a while. They have to first see how Parliament goes and whether Cameron stays in power and whether he then calls an election. That’s going to delay things for quite some time. If that all gets sorted out and they do decide to leave then starts the Treaty of Lisbon issues and then the trigger is pulled after however long and then it takes 2 years to extracate from Lisbon using Article 50. Could take anything between 2 - 5 years depending on how hard they try to leave.

Forget the UK market, watch all the European stock markets crash in about 1 hours time.

They are vulnerable, Greece may push for an exit as well

Worried about how Turdballl & co will try to turn this into their “Tampa” moment…

“CRISIS” … “ECONOMY” … “SCARY”! “STABILITY”… I don’t listen to a thing he says, but I imagine it’s probably already begun.

Left leaning political parties in Europe will also push for an exit. It will be difficult to keep the EU together.

Also, watch out for EU recriminations against the UK, they are not going to make this easy for the UK as a lot of other countries are watching

Left leaning political parties in Europe will also push for an exit. It will be difficult to keep the EU together.

Also, watch out for EU recriminations against the UK, they are not going to make this easy for the UK as a lot of other countries are watching

It is just a popular vote - a referendum - it is non-binding on the Parliament. No recriminations will happen unless Parliament actually invokes Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty.

It is just a popular vote - a referendum - it is non-binding on the Parliament. No recriminations will happen unless Parliament actually invokes Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty.

They are out. UK have to withdraw from the EU in two years time, there is no going back.

So Cameron’s legacy will be allegedly sticking his junk in a pig and solving a short term political problem last year with this referendum that has catastrophically blown up in his face?

They are out. UK have to withdraw from the EU in two years time, there is no going back.

That is not correct, Parliament have to invoke Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty and they have not done that, the vote is a referendum not a trigger of Article 50 automatically.