Browne re-signs with Bombers

This is good, had a feeling we might've been going to lose Browne. I rate him.

Would’ve been a better show of faith to give him 2

Is a real goer, just needs to string some games together to develop his confidence

Hope he doesn’t become surplus to needs at the end of 2014

Unless he has a breakout season his time in the AFL may come to an abrupt end

Really, really hope not

Go Alex!

Awesome news.

The kid can play

Congratulations Alex... Happy to have you on board for next year. Hope you have a fantastic, injury free season.

FARK YEAH.

Now, hopefully he has a great 2014 season.

With an injury free preseason, I hope he can push into the midfield. Can see him fighting for Howlett’s spot. Love Benny but also love Browne and think he has a bit more upside.

With an injury free preseason, I hope he can push into the midfield. Can see him fighting for Howlett's spot. Love Benny but also love Browne and think he has a bit more upside.

i think ben was took this season really hard , looked worn out by all the mess , im hope he comes back with monster spirit

Alex Browne â€@AlexBrowne245m

Best club with the best bunch of blokes! Excited for 2014 #exodus?

This is really good news. I expected he would leave. As others have alluded to - the glimpses he has given are enough to get excited about. A game against Adelaide in particular comes to mind where he showed some dash, flair and some good instincts around goal. I reckon he has some tricks.

Alex Browne â€@AlexBrowne244m

Retweeted by Essendon FC

BRING HIM IN

Yay

I like it in the Browne......

Well done on re-signing Alex

Enormously too much information but ditto on the second sentiment, drive and potential.

Retweeted by Essendon FC

he should get a 1 year  extension just for putting exodus in his tweet ;-)

The Essendon Dictionary describes exodus as:

Exodus noun;  A retention of a large number of out of contract footballers.

I have high hopes for Browne.  Reckon he can play.

:o  :)  :P  :lol:

THEY ARE STILL LEAVING IN DROVES, WILSON.

DROVES.

They're leaving the uncontracted list in droves.

Seems odd that he's re signed, as for most of the year it seemed to be the vibe (well around here, if that's anything) that he was one that was already out the door, hence wasn't given a go at senior level ( form aside).

Should get a game rd 1 for being a smart ■■■■ with the hashtag exodus ha.if nothing else.