Brussels under attack

:( I'm actually going overseas soon. Makes you really think, but what can you do?

EDIT: The Govt has actually changed the travel warning to “Reconsider you need to travel”, keep in mind places like Turkey are still at “high degree of caution”…

Not point in being alive if you’re not living

Yup, could just as easily walk in front of a bus tomorrow.

Especially nowadays with the whole phone stare thing.

Is it telling how a few bombs go off in Europe and it’s blanket news coverage on multiple channels, … but when bigger bombs entailing 4 times the death & carnage explode in the Middle East, it’s a 90 second blip in the evening bulletin??

Is it telling how a few bombs go off in Europe and it's blanket news coverage on multiple channels, .. but when bigger bombs entailing 4 times the death & carnage explode in the Middle East, it's a 90 second blip in the evening bulletin??
I’d say yes, but/because I can’t remember whether the place trashed in the week before France was in the Middle East.
Is it telling how a few bombs go off in Europe and it's blanket news coverage on multiple channels, .. but when bigger bombs entailing 4 times the death & carnage explode in the Middle East, it's a 90 second blip in the evening bulletin??

Probably got nothing to do with frequency!

Breaking news…

The United Nations and people of Syria were shocked when a full day passed without a terrorist bomb blast rocking the neighborhoods.

Hospital staff were stood down for the day and are now fearing redundancies, local builders and glaziers are outraged and are looking at taking some form of action, while local police were seen drinking coffee, eating donuts and putting their feet up to read the Syria Times and fill in the crossword.

More to come.

Just to let you know I am in Brussels but OK. Metro Station bomb blast was only 200m from my hotel. Hotel is now in lock down and closed. Airport and train stations closed. So I am fleeing Belgium now by car to Paris. Just want to get out of here.

Read that some of the bombs let off were filled with nails

There is some seriously fkd up people in this world

Just to let you know I am in Brussels but OK. Metro Station bomb blast was only 200m from my hotel. Hotel is now in lock down and closed. Airport and train stations closed. So I am fleeing Belgium now by car to Paris. Just want to get out of here.

Stay safe

Be safe RC and let us know how you are going.

I posted this in the Paris thread iirc. Still seems apt here
“You know what I’ve noticed? Nobody panics when things go “according to plan.” Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it’s all “part of the plan.” But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!”

Stay safe

Thanks. Just Made it back to Paris OK. I feel safe here with family.

Is there a feel good hashtag or Facebook Belgium flag avatar yet?

As that will make everything all ok again

Yes to both.
The Secret Service are also trying to drag Obama away from the golf course so he can make another speech. And Michelle Obama has made a cute sign with a hashtag.

I change my profile picture to Jean Claude Van Damme

Yes to both.
The Secret Service are also trying to drag Obama away from the golf course so he can make another speech. And Michelle Obama has made a cute sign with a hashtag.

And the Republicans are preparing to invade Qatar.

Stunning that people first reactions were to attack Trumps comments

this world has lost it

Europe need to make a decision, accept this is now par for course (dedicate more resource and hope to foil 80% of planned attacks) or make some tough decisions

Europe need to make a decision, accept this is now par for course (dedicate more resource and hope to foil 80% of planned attacks) or make some tough decisions

Really. You flamed me for making a similar comment about Americans and guns.

Yes to both.

You can find Obama at a ball game.