Buddy out of final - has "mental health" issue

I think its likely that Buddy has suffered from this for a very long time. Hence the reason why he went to a non-AFL state. The pressure on the guy is enormous. When he performs he is a god in the media. When he does not the media belt him from pillar to post. Not everyone can live from day to day, year, to year with this sort of pressure. Been an AFL great is not all just fortune and glory.

I am sure its no coincidence that this happened the week before the finials where the pressure on him goes up. I wish him well.

Until there is some evidence to suggest its drug related, give it rest.

As for our case in the saga, if you do some research and look into it with your eyes open, even blind freddy could see we where scapegoated. Becasue all the factual evidence is there to be seen

In before “really puts it into perspective”

If he is dealing with depression i wish him nothing but the best, and hope he is getting the best care and support possible. Wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

"mouth breathers"?

That’s what elitist nose breathers call people.

Suffering seizures isn’t a good sign.

If he is dealing with depression i wish him nothing but the best, and hope he is getting the best care and support possible. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
agree, If he is suffering in any form then I hope he gets the help he needs.

I’m also in the same boat as others, that it’s just to convenient, but then again i’m more cynical of everything than anyone on here.

but again if it’s legit, hope he gets all the help he needs. Having seen the nrl footy show story on having i think 9 suicides by nrl up and coming players this year alone, It’s something that needs monitoring in this sport as well as every other one.

I think its likely that Buddy has suffered from this for a very long time. Hence the reason why he went to a non-AFL state. The pressure on the guy is enormous. When he performs he is a god in the media. When he does not the media belt him from pillar to post. Not everyone can live from day to day, year, to year with this sort of pressure. Been an AFL great is not all just fortune and glory.

I am sure its no coincidence that this happened the week before the finials where the pressure on him goes up. I wish him well.

As for our case in the saga, if you do some research and look into it with your eyes open, even blind freddy could see we where scapegoated. Becasue all the factual evidence is there to be seen

Thanks, I agree.

I remember he had a seizure (which was publicized) about 12/18 months ago and then he had that car accident (also publicized and then all went quiet). First thing I thought when I read it, was he had seizure.

Just my opinion, he may have some form of epilepsy as there are many different types of seizures. Stress plays a factor, as do some forms of recreational drugs, etc.

I am not aware of epilepsy being considered a mental health problem, but it sure places a lot of stress on your mental health.

Dunno, could be wrong, but food for thought (for me).

The Swans now have a long term salary cap issue on their hands. The 10 year deal for an ageing KP player was just ridiculous. We may have just seen the last of Franklin. Sure he will do the 2016 pre-season but it is very possible he doesn’t come back from this. The Swans have an obligation to help get him back to health and that may mean an escape from the pressures of the AFL.

so he went to a non afl state, on one of the biggest contracts ever, on one of the longest contracts ever that ended up getting so much publicity to get away from the limelight ?
then states becoming a local celebrity out on the town alot with his model or whatever gf to get away from the spotlight ?

there’s alot of assumptions in that post. Granted they could all be true or they could all just be excuses. we’ll prolly never get the full story either way it plays out.

The Swans now have a long term salary cap issue on their hands. The 10 year deal for an ageing KP player was just ridiculous. We may have just seen the last of Franklin. Sure he will do the 2016 pre-season but it is very possible he doesn't come back from this. The Swans have an obligation to help get him back to health and that may mean an escape from the pressures of the AFL.

Will be interesting to see what happens if he gets nowhere near the finish of his contract.

Sorry but I’m full cynic on this. If he’s suffering then I wish him all the best to get the care he deserves but can’t help but think it’s a disgrace what he and the powers to be (may) have done to manage a (potential) habit and what effect this (could) have on him.

so he went to a non afl state, on one of the biggest contracts ever, on one of the longest contracts ever that ended up getting so much publicity to get away from the limelight ?
then states becoming a local celebrity out on the town alot with his model or whatever gf to get away from the spotlight ?

there’s alot of assumptions in that post. Granted they could all be true or they could all just be excuses. we’ll prolly never get the full story either way it plays out.

Shut up.

Nine years in the salary cap. Just a touch of karma there.

Again, cynical, but how has it taken so long for this news of a seizure to come out? We would have heard that instantly, like we have every other piece of news, like when he flushes his toilet, and puts the rubbish out.

I hope for his sake he’s alright, but I know how this organisation is run.

I’m sorry that this is insensitive. It’s not a judgement of him.

I hate how the AFL has made me so cynical.

Depression is a ■■■■ of an illness and i hope he is getting good support.

Initial reaction was a 67th strike but the more I read the less it sounds like that.
Great player and as much as he’s carved us up, it’s at least been in an entertaining way. Hope he deals with his demons and comes out the other side the player we know he can be. Depression / mental illness is a horrible thing

I hate how the AFL has made me so cynical.

Depression is a ■■■■ of an illness and i hope he is getting good support.

I agree. I do. With both points.

Nine years in the salary cap. Just a touch of karma there.
What do you mean, double G?
Again, cynical, but how has it taken so long for this news of a seizure to come out? We would have heard that instantly, like we have every other piece of news, like when he flushes his toilet, and puts the rubbish out.

I hope for his sake he’s alright, but I know how this organisation is run.

I’m sorry that this is insensitive. It’s not a judgement of him.

It made the news 12/18 months ago. It was in the off season, round New Year I think, read it in one of the Sydney papers.

The accident one is just my thoughts.

From March:

Swans also saying his epilepsy is unrelated to his mental health condition