Buddygate

He plays one end better than the other. Regrettably, Reid’s bad end is where he is needed most.

Just currently undergoing a minor re-calibration. Not winning a final in 15x years would suck.

Like salty balls after a half marathon on a +30c day…

I’m gonna hold off on saying that Sydney sucks until we actually beat them.

If Essendon lose to Sydney next they play then they should have a good look at themselves. In fact, there isn’t a side in the league that wouldn’t start as favourite against them right now.

Do Sydney have one young key forward who has developed since buddy came over?

FIFY

Chris Scott gave the Swans a little clip this morning when talking about Rohan. Mentioned how Rohan was a victim of circumstances up there and how hard it is for other forwards to play next to Buddy

1 Like

FIFY

2 Likes

McCartin is in his second year, Blakey his first so those two are a work in progress. Sam Reid is probably the closest player they have that could be described as even resembling a key forward but he’s more of a utility than KPP. They pinned their hopes on Tippett and FRANKLIN! being the FF/CHF combination but I don’t think they envisaged Tippett’s demise being as thorough and fast as it turned out to be.

Blakey should be for Sydney where H McKay is for fark FC in about 20kgs and three years from now. In the meantime they will have to make do with where they’re at. That is unless J Daniher wants to join them…

Imagine that? You geeks would farking flip out.

LOL Chris Scott is a ■■■■■■■ wanker.

:joy: You mean after Dad and Uncle Terry both left Souths for the Dons they’d be in his ears to go get a bit of “bloods culture”.

Could happen I guess.

He’s less of a wanker than Chris Scott. Chris loves getting on TV and portraying himself as a humble, classy guy who respects everyone, especially the umpires. Meanwhile the cameras cut to him during a game whenever a call is made against Geelong and he loses his ■■■■.

They are both toolbags.

4 Likes

Nice try Diggers, but no cigar, this is a thread about Buddy, not me.

1 Like

Ruled out again. They cant risk training him, really have not risked training him for a year and a half.

But they will play him, without training in a preseason and without training during the season proper if there’s a chance he actually can run out a game.

Special case this guy. Especially when they owe him around $3.9 million over the duration of his contract and he will become increasingly embarrassing and useless ( especially in the context of where Sydney sits)

Buddygate. Epilogue

I look forward to the AFL allowing Sydney special salary cap dispensation when they have to pay him out.

3 Likes

Aren’t they 4th or 5th last for inside 50s? It’s hard to think of Sydney that way because they’ve been so good for so long but i think it’s finally time for a couple seasons in the bottom 4. They have plenty of good young talent so i wouldn’t expect it to take long to become competitive again. Unless young players start leaving which will be a risk with Buddy taking all the money.

What’s your honest outlook for the next 3 seasons? I’ve got a few Sydney supporting mates and they think 3 years at the bottom and Buddy is dead weight.