Buddygate

He’s an enigma.
A shadow of the player he was.
His second efforts are non-existent.
If you get the ball to ground in a marking contest then that’s it.
He’s still good at a little snipe in the midfield when a player isn’t expecting it, but if he misses then guess what? He’s out.
Having said that, he’s still capable of kicking four goals on first efforts alone.

And…that’s probably not enough.
Shades of Fevola in his decline.

1 Like

Especially if he’s only playing 14 games in a season and you can’t plan around him actually being on the park.

1 Like

They probably won’t go right down. Their academy access should help keep them in midfield limbo. Lot of randomness about that though.

And yes, if needed I expect they’ll get salary cap relief for Buddy. The AFL of now can’t be held responsible for something the AFL of some years ago did.

This would be so wildly controversial. Sydney have been up and about for so long. Wouldn’t they just let them live with it?

He’s cooked

NEXT

4 Likes

Agreed.
This is one thing Eddie is good for. Having a massive whinge to influence the advantages that are given to the northern clubs

1 Like

Bloods culture would be nice. Lots of cash would be better.

Especially they went into this deal knowing full well the potential longer term consequences.

This one you have to live with.

3 Likes

I think they will look to play their under 24
year olds as much as possible to get them conditioned to the rigours of senior football as fast as possible. They will probably look to trade S Reid (hopefully for picks) and will look to improve their position via the draft. L FRANKLIN! Will see his contract out because he’s too important as a player and for marketing to let go.
I reckon they will finish bottom 6 this year, maybe bottom 4. Similarly next year with the proceeds of their efforts into their next generation of players to start to bear fruit around 2021.
They’ll win a few games in between now and then but winning right now isn’t that important.

1 Like

But Digs all through the pre-season you said they’d go well. What happened son? Don’t jump off now otherwise you’ll start running out of teams

3 Likes

So, unrelated question, how many of their young players are out of contract this year and next?

1 Like

Sounds about right. There’s a lot of young talent there. If you retain it then it shouldn’t take too long. I just hope to god Sydney get it done before Carlton manage to crawl out of the bottom 4.

1 Like

There’s some very good young players coming out of contract at the end of next season. Over to you Dodoro.

Has anyone ever visited the Swans fan Forum ( if there actually is one) to see if Diggers goes on there continually trolling them about how great Essendon and Joey Daniher are?

13 Likes

Hard to believe, as Tippett was a complete flog.

They are going well. It’s like what P Keating said in 1991. This is the recession they have to have. They have some very promising emerging talent to work with and have a proven record of getting things right. They will be a good side again soon.

May they rot.

May they prosper.

I prefer rot.

Not with John Longmire.