Buddygate

No doubt AFL is already involved in the machinations to ensure Sydney get the very best available coach for 2020. Its probably already been stamped by Gillon. The AFL will be desperate to ensure the hard won support in Sydney is not eroded by years at the bottom of the table. ( See Brisbane post 2005 )

Swans supporters shouldn’t worry. If they even threaten to go into on-field decline, the AFL will make Swan-friendly rule changes in a flash.

Matthew Knights?

Premiership-winning coach, Matthew Knights?

1 Like

I do not.

May they fold.
Again.

They are rebuilding

I prefer ‘re-calibrating’.

No need to obfuscate with this misnomer. The ladder is the metric that allows clubs to “recalibrate” each week.

You’re due for a re-calibration. No, overdue.

Lets stay on topic and re-calibrate Buddy.

Buddy has played 15 seasons,
His number of tackles per game has never been lower.
His average number of goals per game in 2019 is at a 14 year low
His average number of disposals is at a 12 year low
His average number of marks is at a 12 year low.
His average number of 1% ers is at a 9 year low.
His average number of kicks is at a 9 year low.

The guy really should retire and go out of the game with his head held high rather than as a footy zombie in 2022

1 Like

In other words this is pretty close to the scenario of what would happen that was outlined here on BBlitz and probably other forums as well, when Buddy was first traded. The end is coming and it will come soon. An all time great, but his body won’t allow him to do the things he used to be able to do.

At least both Buddy and the club got to enjoy the ultimate success that his AFL orchestrated, overpriced, irresponsible, culture destroying club switch brought about. Poor, poor Hawthorn.

Oh…wait…

3 Likes

So, you’re saying you think it was faux outrage they expressed when he didn’t go to GWS as they wanted? :thinking:

2 Likes

I could give you some numbers that paints his output in a more positive light but the thing that can’t be disputed is that when L FRANKLIN! Is playing, you can’t take your eyes off him.

That’s the thing that matters.

People pay to watch him play. No one pays to watch you moan about him.

1 Like

Tippetts best year at the swans was the year before Buddy got there.

So not only are they entirely reliant on him on field but also off field. Sounds like a healthy growth strategy. Sub 30k at the Derby on the weekend wasn’t it?

Tippett had some moments but should have delivered much more than he did. He had all the physical qualities to be a good KKP, but lacked football I.Q. and durability. He played some very demanding roles for Sydney (key forward + ruck) which put him at higher risk of impact injury but he seemed to get hurt even if the wind blew. Never totally fit which made his situation worse.

Thing is, every team in the land would have wanted to sign Tippett once he became available. Everyone thought he was on the cusp of becoming a star.

speak for yourself.

Edit: what would you do if you’re in a room with Franklin at one end of the room and Serena at the other end?

yeah nah, not everyone