Buddygate

That was 2006 so allowing for inflation & the COLA I think the AFL could still manage it :wink: . Just remember we would never have known had he not come out of retirement & Brissy reneged on the deal.

I’ll be surprised if Sydney actually have 1-1.5mil of cap space taken up by a player no longer on their list (assuming he doesn’t see out the contract). It would massively hamper the club & the AFL have spent too long & too much money making them popular in Sydney to jeopardise that for something as insignificant to the AFL as a fair competition.

I reckon he will nearly go the distance.

Sydney must be close to outing the cue in the rack this year and when they do he can go get surgery’s and take the rest of the year off,

Play another 2 years.

The third probably not.

Realistically, only in wether the club in question can afford it.

They’re paying him to play, you boobs.

Then a refund is warranted.

You wouldn’t know value even if it took 4x bounces along the wing at the MCG and split the middle from 50m out on the boundary.

^past performance is not an indicator of future outcomes

12 Likes

I’m still laughing at the thought that Mills is worth more than Orazio.

I’d be wanting a couple of first round picks as well.

4 Likes

I’m annoyed Essendon refuses to select John Coleman.

They had their chance.

I hope Buddy kicks a 1000 goals and Sydney finish 2nd last (Carlton last) this and every year in the future.

I hope your strain of antibiotic resistant thrush can be controlled one day in the future.

It’s the uncontrollable bouts of diarrhea that I worry about most.

Said it once will say it again.

My money would be on Stephen Coniglio being a Swan in 2020. Dont think he will be heading to Hawthorn or Stkilda at all.

Sydney are crying out for a player like him.

Is it anything like the Adani black throated finch ?

You may be right.

I was surprised/disappointed they didn’t go after L Neale when it became clear he wanted to leave Fremantle. He would have been and ideal inclusion also so maybe they held off Neale because they have a good feeling about Coniglio?

Speaking of Coniglio, his 5x goal performance in the 2010 WAFL GF as a 17 year old was overshashed by the brilliant performance of Andrew Krakouer, especially after he kicked the winning goal but after seeing Coniglio in action that day, you knew he could really play.

This thread is certainly more entertaining than watching a Sydney game.

5 Likes

That one, and Tippett’s pie deal, and even the Ben? holland to Richmond one, make you wonder how many suss deals go on that we never know about, because the player stays put.

You wouldn’t know entertaining even if it baulked two defenders, killed another then swung onto its left and booted one from outside 60m?

I’d certainly know entertainment if it ran down the wing, intentionally smashed an opponent in the jaw with a shoulder, and as usual, received a ‘nothing to see here’ badge to add to its collection.

5 Likes