Buddygate

This whole thing has nothing to do with cost of living, If it was GWS offering franklin 10 years and a bootload of cash the afl wouldn't flinch. They're just ■■■■■■ off because their project team is going to find it even harder to cement themselves in Sydney with all eyes on franklin in the wrong colours. I say eat sh*t afl.

AFLPA has backed the AFL's move to investigate this deal and those involved and possibly block it.

Right ALFPA you realise it is your job to represent the players. Well a player has just received the most lucartive deal ever in the history of the game and you are backing the AFL's right to possibly block the deal.

Here's a idea Finnis, prehaps get your head out of Vlad's ■■■■■■■ and actually do your job!!

Let me get this straight:
1) Sydney say Buddy approached them.
2) Buddy says he didn’t make contact till after the Grand Final.
3) Sydney worked out 9 years/$10m of salary cap within 2 days (presumably less).
Uh huh. Just stop lying.

Is this how everyone else felt when Goddard joined us last year?

I am a public servant. I would be paid the same where ever I lived in Victoria. I choose to live in Melbourne(inner suburbs) where it is more expensive to buy property than in the country. I don't think my employer would give me extra due to my choice of where I live.
There are part of Sydney which are affortable

Yeah out here in GWS territory !!

COLA

AFLPA has backed the AFL's move to investigate this deal and those involved and possibly block it.
Right ALFPA you realise it is your job to represent the players. Well a player has just received the most lucartive deal ever in the history of the game and you are backing the AFL's right to possibly block the deal.

Here's a idea Finnis, prehaps get your head out of Vlad's ■■■■■■■ and actually do your job!!

Wait...
How did he get his head INTO Vlad's ■■■■■■■??
Now his ■■■■■■ I could understand.... (I mean how, not why!)

Let me get this straight:1) Sydney say Buddy approached them.2) Buddy says he didn't make contact till after the Grand Final.3) Sydney worked out 9 years/$10m of salary cap within 2 days (presumably less).Uh huh. Just stop lying.

Wasn't it last years grand final?

Is Matt Finnis actually capable of a single thought by himself?  Just wondering!

This whole thing has nothing to do with cost of living, If it was GWS offering franklin 10 years and a bootload of cash the afl wouldn't flinch. They're just ■■■■■■ off because their project team is going to find it even harder to cement themselves in Sydney with all eyes on franklin in the wrong colours. I say eat sh*t afl.

Could be an element of truth right there.  Its only a good idea if its Vlad's.

I think the bigger rort is the 'marketing' allowance paid for by the AFL, outside the salary cap, of 500k. Sydney's actual football contract would be around 600k, which is a bargain really. The reason the 9 years is such a great idea is because the AFL will pay 500k per year for 9 years, almost half the entire contract.

Also, there is no chance that the AFL are going to veto this deal, hell they probably suggested it. 500k x 9 years is a small price to pay for the media  value they will get out of this.

This is gonna be fun watching this play out.   Because I don't think Sydney will roll over as easily as we did.

I am a public servant. I would be paid the same where ever I lived in Victoria. I choose to live in Melbourne(inner suburbs) where it is more expensive to buy property than in the country. I don't think my employer would give me extra due to my choice of where I live.
There are part of Sydney which are affortable

Yeah out here in GWS territory !!

Exactly who would want to live there.  Certainly not a cashed up young footy player with a pocketful of moola.

Let me get this straight:1) Sydney say Buddy approached them.2) Buddy says he didn't make contact till after the Grand Final.3) Sydney worked out 9 years/$10m of salary cap within 2 days (presumably less).Uh huh. Just stop lying.

Apparently. 

I think the bigger rort is the 'marketing' allowance paid for by the AFL, outside the salary cap, of 500k. Sydney's actual football contract would be around 600k, which is a bargain really. The reason the 9 years is such a great idea is because the AFL will pay 500k per year for 9 years, almost half the entire contract.

Also, there is no chance that the AFL are going to veto this deal, hell they probably suggested it. 500k x 9 years is a small price to pay for the media  value they will get out of this.

This is gonna be fun watching this play out.   Because I don't think Sydney will roll over as easily as we did.

Trained poodles don't roll over as easy as we did.

The problem for the AFL is not cost of living but how to maintain the forced relocation of footballers to satellite teams. Brisbane had most of their extra cap space removed and look what's happening. The rumblings of homesick players from the GWS experiment, an immensely costly experiment, are starting to reach alarming proportions from the AFL's perspective. The AFL simply cannot allow GWS to fail and it has to find some way of keeping the talent there. 

Sydney needed success to survive, a bit like the Storm, and the hope was that once the success was achieved the team would stabilise. Noone's sure this is the case yet, hence the dangerous decision to throw mountains of cash at Buddy and Tippett. If this fails, Sydney might become a basketcase once more. 

GWS and Sydney are both too big to fall, more worrisome than Brisbane from a national perspective, and the banana benders will currently be causing immense headaches for the AFL.

The national comp is anything but established and the AFL has bigger concerns than Victorian rantings about "level playing fields". A northern domination is the not a concern for them, it's the only solution available and if that means giving them a head start they'll do it, don't worry about that.

Exactly. Which shows what a premature and basically farking stupid decision it was to go ahead with GWS when most people in Snydey will NEVER give a fark about football. The AFL for decades now has been pumping money out of its heartland to pay for the life support systems for NSW and QLD clubs.

Its stupid! And its even more stupid that people in other States are seeing their hard-earned dollars being ■■■■■■ away to prop up the economy of Snydey and give Snydey's small businesses a handout. 

No wonder the AFL worked so hard to rip $2M from us.  

Just think of that as our little contribution to help get Buddy to win Snydey's next flag.

CHICKEN CHERRY COLA

Apparently.

In think the radio interview with Liam Pickering from earlier in the year says it all. Not sure if you heard it, but he has a slip of the tongue and says the only offer they have received is from Hawthorn and Sydney. He then goes on to say he meant GWS. Pretty funny in hindsight.

Exactly. Which shows what a premature and basically farking stupid decision it was to go ahead with GWS when most people in Snydey will NEVER give a fark about football. The AFL for decades now has been pumping money out of its heartland to pay for the life support systems for NSW and QLD clubs.

Its stupid! And its even more stupid that people in other States are seeing their hard-earned dollars being ■■■■■■ away to prop up the economy of Snydey and give Snydey's small businesses a handout. 

No wonder the AFL worked so hard to rip $2M from us.  

Just think of that as our little contribution to help get Buddy to win Snydey's next flag.

If you can't beat 'em, join them Buddy?

I'm a little bit amazed the more I think about this. Just days after losing a Grand Final to Sydney, he decides that his best move would be to join them.