Burning Jealousy - 11th in 2018 to flag in 2019

Excellent post and exactly what I was looking for. Cheers.

1 Like

It was Hurley we took instead, so both AA talent, it’s just that we prioritised the spine at the time.

Boom!

2 Likes

Hurting immensely tonight. Watching a team that showed nothing for 5 years under Buckley make a grand final is so frustrating. Wish it was Hirdy leading our boys to the big dance next week to finally end the Hird vs Buckley debate.

7 Likes

We have nowhere near the midfield that Collingwood (or melbourne have). We need 2-3 more players to cement themselves. And that’s on top of Langford. Laverde and Clarke aint it.

2 Likes

Just be happy for them, it’s easier.
Bucks is likeable, and been under the pump the last few years.
Sidebottom has been a very good player for yonks but wowee, he’s actually gone to ELITE ELITE levels this year.

I’ll be barracking for Melb.
Ultimately, if Coll win it, they deserve it, and I can live with that.

Could we be there next year ?
You betcha…

2 Likes

Collingwood actually only beat Melbourne out of all the sides in the 8 going into the finals, not a single other finalist. Got into the top 4 on the back of not losing to a single non finalist.

Unfortunately, that meant beating us twice, sadly we bring out the best in them, which we find out tonight is pretty good.

If we were good enough to reverse this in 2018, we would have finished above them, but as it turns out we weren’t.

But 2019 …

1 Like

I hear ya, dude.

Of course, the hurt we feel is in context. It isn’t the same as losing a loved one or some other personally serious issue in our lives.

But, for many of us, sport is a massive part of our lives. So, it is natural to feel huge disappointment. I’m hurting as well, but it will be fleeting (hopefully).

Great stuff & cheers to all those who are burning jealousy tonight. Rather than bottle it, let’s channel it and craft a way to future success.

Go Bombers!!!

3 Likes

Hurting? Im loving it… Richmond just redefined ‘choke’ and made 1999 looks like an honorable loss. It’s farkin hilarious.

9 Likes

Anyone but farking Collingwood. Go Dees! Kick the ball no. 7. Pip pip! Toodles.

4 Likes

This could be a perfect situation. Rich out, Coll fail next week. Hope it’s WC. Faark Melbourne.

4 Likes

Reportable

1 Like

2 premierships in 8 years… yep… farking seething. Hey I’d take 1 in 10. Actually I’d take playing in a prelim. Collingwoods turnaround is unbelievable. Richmond’s last year was too. Seems like eternity for us to turn it around. It farking hurts to the core that we are a big club with a cool logo and colors and that’s about it. We aren’t a finals team. We are ok with mediocrity. We have no identity.

No … they’re not hurting the same way we hurt… we had that game. Richmond never did. Richmond’s hearts didn’t snap in the dying seconds like ours did.

2 Likes

Yep - our midfield has no balance

Collingwood didn’t do it from the first minute of the first game, for 22 games in a row. It’s why they wanted to sack buckley after round 1, or why they bronx cheered Cox in the early part of the season. It’s why they only beat one top 8 team for the whole season (Port at MCG)

No, what every team needs is purely and simply…LUCK

4 Likes

Hopefully we finish 13th?

Luck? If you listen to the pies supporters that work with me, they will tell you how unlucky they’ve been this year with injuries.

1 Like

They have had one of the worst runs with injury in the comp. Amazing to see them where they are and at close to full strength they are showing how good they can be.
You could throw Reid, Elliott and Moore back into that lineup if their body wasn’t made of spaghetti and Dunne is also underrated

Some of the players like crisp and adams they’ve brought into the club that I thought were scanias have done well. Hell we couldnt tackle them well enough in our game against them that they were given an eternity to dispose of the ball. They’ve given up a fair bit draft pickwise to get to where they are as well.