Cabling from street for internet

When l built my house 10 years ago l thought wireless was the way of the future so l never got any cabling done from the street to the house. Have just used mobile and a local fixed wireless service and until now that had done me well. But a growing household and growing options on the internet means the data limit on the fixed wireless is becoming too small.
Now l had hoped that the NBN FTTP would be my saviour as my very limited knowledge made me think it would require new connections to every home from the street and i could get it that way, but that as its now FTTN it will just use the existing cabling from the street to the home and as l have none l will need to get it done.
But l can’t work out who actually does the cabling from the street, so l don’t know who to contact. I called a number from a telstra link but they never returned my call and l can’t find good info. I’m in the west gippsland area so if anyone has got a new home connected recently and can tell me who/ how they did it, it would be appreciated.

NIS - National Infrastructure Solutions
Ph 03 9095 7473

They install pits and overhead cabling on behalf Telstra.
I think they’ll be able to do what you want.

With FTTN, the cost is quite prohibitive (which was the intent) to get actual “fibre” to your house unless there’s a few or if you’re lucky enough the entire street wants it, o/wise you are on your own and up for the entire cost of running fibre from the node, all the way up to your house.

ADSL via copper would probably be enough for present needs, & there are some good plans out there with a much lower cost.

If you’re again, lucky, your exchange might have upgraded to allow 3rd party suppliers & things like Naked DSL, where other ISP’s don’t just on sell Telsra connections, at their inflated costs.

With FTTN, the cost is quite prohibitive (which was the intent) to get actual "fibre" to your house unless there's a few or if you're lucky enough the entire street wants it, o/wise you are on your own and up for the entire cost of running fibre from the node, all the way up to your house.

ADSL via copper would probably be enough for present needs, & there are some good plans out there with a much lower cost.

If you’re again, lucky, your exchange might have upgraded to allow 3rd party suppliers & things like Naked DSL, where other ISP’s don’t just on sell Telsra connections, at their inflated costs.

if you’ve never used the internet before.