Cameron Ling

There is no doubting he will be an excellent coach. 

Is a great communicator, a great person and a strong leader with a winning football brain.

Should the club be sounding him out for an assistant role?

I like Lingy alot. i would like him to stay in a commentary role personally. simply because hes one of the only bearable people on that channel 7 footy team.

Almost as hyped up as Voss was prior to destroying Brisbane.  Let's hope he is a little better.

Thats a bit unfair on Voss, he was developing that team quite well and the board sacked him because they thought they were going to land Paul Roos. The Brisbane board destroyed Brisbane more than Voss did

Thats a bit unfair on Voss, he was developing that team quite well and the board sacked him because they thought they were going to land Paul Roos. The Brisbane board destroyed Brisbane more than Voss did

Brendan Fevola

...Rischitelli, Bradshaw, Polec, Docherty, Yeo, Longer, Karnezis etc etc etc

Is a great communicator, a great person and a strong leader with a winning football brain.

In the first instance, I would hope that the club is focussing on finding a meaningful role for Bomber Thompson for 2015.

Head of a Development Academy similar to English Football model? Perhaps players under 23?

In the first instance, I would hope that the club is focussing on finding a meaningful role for Bomber Thompson for 2015.

Head of a Development Academy similar to English Football model? Perhaps players under 23?

I'd be super surprised if Bomber wanted to leave at the end of the year. 

Though, I could understand if he'd want to get away from the impending media circus.

I'd also hope the club treats him with the respect he deserves for saving our ■■■■■ in 2014.

He's been integral in the development of this group over the past 4 seasons and we're really starting to get our ■■■■ together. Doesn't strike me as the sort of guy who'd want to walk away with the cake half baked.

Almost as hyped up as Voss was prior to destroying Brisbane.  Let's hope he is a little better.

FFS. Crazy Vossy is a pin headed alpha farkchop. Hardly comparitive.

Would love to make a video montage of great Voss quotes. some of the crap he spouts is just ridiculous.

Ling has a great mix of articulate and competitive, not unlike a Hird or a Buckley.

Yes, this doesn't mean he's a great coach. But If I was to go on vibe, I'd say he's unlikely to screw the pooch.

He is a very insightful commentator to be sure. But what is it that makes a great coach? What does Bomber Thompson have that Crazy Vossy doesn't? I think Ling probably has the real competitive hardnosed x-factor, plus good analysis of the game, and would make a good coach. I would love to have him involved at Essendon. If Bomber stays I reckon he could be wooed

Lingy.

He is a very insightful commentator to be sure. But what is it that makes a great coach? What does Bomber Thompson have that Crazy Vossy doesn't? I think Ling probably has the real competitive hardnosed x-factor, plus good analysis of the game, and would make a good coach. I would love to have him involved at Essendon. If Bomber stays I reckon he could be wooed

Cling to Ling

Cling to Ling

would Lingy get Clingy?

He destroyed the list himself first, then tried to rebuild it.

Leigh Matthews has already destroyed it to begin with. then he took off.

He seems like a fkg idiot. I wouldnt be able to respect him as a coach having heard him on the star studded channel 7 commentary team.

FFS. Crazy Vossy is a pin headed alpha farkchop. Hardly comparitive.

Would love to make a video montage of great Voss quotes. some of the crap he spouts is just ridiculous.

Ling has a great mix of articulate and competitive, not unlike a Hird or a Buckley.

Yes, this doesn't mean he's a great coach. But If I was to go on vibe, I'd say he's unlikely to screw the pooch.

I didn't say Ling would be as bad a coach, I was saying he is hyped up as badly as Voss was before he has proven anything to anyone.

He is a very insightful commentator to be sure. But what is it that makes a great coach? What does Bomber Thompson have that Crazy Vossy doesn't? 

To start with? Language skills, opposable thumbs, a neck, a brain, patience, foresight, people skills... etc etc

Coaching more than anything is a real test of character. Truth is you can't possibly know from the sidelines how guys will go - it's a very long game.

Lots of guys do most things well, then, at a certain point, they crack. Make a few bad calls, crack the ■■■■■ with somebody, lose patience & chase quick fixes etc etc

Leigh Matthews has already destroyed it to begin with. then he took off.

Vossy had another go after 2009 (Fev for all the draft picks + Rischa + Bradshaw, etc etc etc), then another - probably better - go after 2013.

He's a muppet.

Plenty of doubt that he will be an excellent coach.

From all available evidence at hand he has the skills to be an excellent coach, does not mean he will. Plenty of very fine communicators, with very good interpersonal skills and great football knowledge have not been able to make it as a successful AFL coach.

Case in point: Tim Watson.

So much depends on the position they get, how patient the supporter/membership base is willing to be as this will directly pressure an Club's board immensely, the state of the list when they arrive, the resources the club make available to the coach etc etc.

Being a good bloke, with good people skills and a good footy brain does not equal success as an AFL coach.

In fact Mick Malthouse has gone out of his way to prove you can be a complete arsehat and still be a successful AFL coach.