Cars for the people

Very clean looking unit Boot. The car l mean.

If you are considering buying a flash European car in the next few years, it looks like it’s worth waiting till 2018.

New trams in melbourne?

speaking of, when at uni the other day saw a car straight up drive through swanston street where the pedestrians stand outside rmit.

800 hp
0-60M in 2.4 seconds
Street legal
Electric 68 mustang
Uploaded with Imgupr

Reportedly capable of 200mph, apparently that’s a one way trip though

why are there 5 door minis?

Same reason there are 5 door Golfs?
And Fiestas.
And Imprezas.
And Mazda 3’s.
Etc

It was the most requested feature. People wanted to ‘grow up’ with their mini when they had kids.

Personally I want the coupe in a 2 seater version so the boot has a bit more room!

most requested by heffe americans, they’re ruining everything, why does porsche have cayenne and panamera?

It’s not as if you can’t get the two door… It’s like a Carlton membership, unnecessary evil that exists but serves a purpose.

Uploaded with Imgupr

2016 mustang

And, how car ads woukd be made if we did live in a nanny state. (First 45 sec is rubbish)

Car question for Blitz (as a clueless “drive 'em, don’t know much about 'em” type):
Adli has their snow sale on tomorrow and I’m looking at getting some snow chains for the car. I’ve got a Commodore Sportwagon with 245/45-R18 tyres but the sizing guide doesn’t have a set of chains that exactly fit. What size should I get? How does the sizing of tyres work? Will any of them fit? What’s this strange rash on my back?
https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/snow-gear-sat-16-may/saturday-detail-wk-20/ps/p/car-snow-chains/

afaik you have to get ones that will fit your tyre size, no way around that. you might be better off just renting a set while you’re on the trip.

afaik you have to get ones that will fit your tyre size, no way around that. you might be better off just renting a set while you're on the trip.
That's the problem. Costs about $20 a day to rent them and I plan on going regularly as i have a season pass. The Aldi chains are $35 and would save me heaps for just this year alone. I'm wondering if smaller rims with larger tyre height (ie - 245/70-17) would fit on 245/45-18? I can rent the chains and they seem to be fairly generic, so there must be some way around it.

Why not buy a proper set that definitely fits your car?

Yeah, will probably end up doing that. Was just being a tightarse and hoping the $34 Aldi option would work.

Yeah, will probably end up doing that. Was just being a tightarse and hoping the $34 Aldi option would work.

just buy them and test them in the carpark. you can usually adjust them to a degree.

aldi have a pretty good return policy i think.

also, depending on which mountain you go to, probably hotham is the only one i have ever needed chains, even then i just winged it. from memory its only a law to have them in your vehicle, not necessarily have them on your wheels. go figure.

oh, and while we are on aldi, check out their Rib Eye steaks. the bastards are up to about $35 a kilo, but you wont find a better steak. cook them via the heston blumenthal youtube video method. success guaranteed.

last year buller needed them.

Yeah, needed them at Falls last year too. In the end I gave it a miss, the closest ones to fitting would have been a set of the 4WD chains and I figured that was not a good enough match for a Crummydore. I’ll have a sniff around and get some ones designed to fit that size. It will still be cheaper than spending $20/day for the 20+ days I plan on doing this year. Ended up being about the 4th person through the door at the new Aldi at Summer Hill near Norfland, and managed to get a new snowboard jacket, some gloves, a couple of nice underlayer tops that will be good for mid-winter exercise and a pile of crap for the kids for about $200. Place looked like a bomb-site after about ten minutes. Passed on the Rib Eyes though.

Anyway, back to the automobiles.

I spent last week playing with one of these:

2016 Camaro just launched.

Ford Galaxie

2016 Camaro just launched.

They’ve ruined it. Too lumpy.

Car question for Blitz (as a clueless "drive 'em, don't know much about 'em" type): Adli has their snow sale on tomorrow and I'm looking at getting some snow chains for the car. I've got a Commodore Sportwagon with 245/45-R18 tyres but the sizing guide doesn't have a set of chains that exactly fit. What size should I get? How does the sizing of tyres work? Will any of them fit? What's this strange rash on my back? https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/snow-gear-sat-16-may/saturday-detail-wk-20/ps/p/car-snow-chains/

Enter you tyre size into the converter and it will tell you what other sizes are close/comparable. http://tire-size-conversion.com/tyre-size-calculator/

The rash is herpes.