Cars for the people

You can say it’s got a fat ■■■, it’s ok :slight_smile:

It’s brand new, that’s why I have to wait. My first brand new car :slight_smile:

Enjoy. :slight_smile:

Don’t baby it during the run-in period. Load the engine moderately up to ~4,000rpms for the first couple of thousand kms. Makes for better piston/ring sealing, which means better fuel economy and performance over the life of the engine.

Cracking car, I envy you.

You can say it's got a fat ass, it's ok :)

It’s brand new, that’s why I have to wait. My first brand new car :slight_smile:

Good on you EM. My first “new” car was also a VW. Despite fracking around with their diesel engines they do make an awesome vehicle. Mine was a red GTI MkV, 2L turbo with DSG. One of the best cars I have owned and I have had many over the past 30 years. V8s, 6s, 4s, sedans, hatchbacks, 4wds, utes, trucks, been there done that. It even tops the BMW E36 M3 convertible I owned in Hongkers… but only for the fact that it wouldn’t have been any good on the dirt roads that I live down now and getting the lowered M3 through my causeway and over rocks wouldn’t have been much fun. The GTI handles it all in its stride when use it to drive up the coast or the big smoke. Although I do wish I could have brought the M3 back to Aus with me. :frowning:

The Sirocco looks great. I love that fat hatchback look. What engine/gear box did you get?

You can say it's got a fat ass, it's ok :)

Good on you EM. My first “new” car was also a VW. Despite fracking around with their diesel engines they do make an awesome vehicle. Mine was a red GTI MkV, 2L turbo with DSG. One of the best cars I have owned and I have had many over the past 30 years. V8s, 6s, 4s, sedans, hatchbacks, 4wds, utes, trucks, been there done that. It even tops the BMW E36 M3 convertible I owned in Hongkers… but only for the fact that it wouldn’t have been any good on the dirt roads that I live down now and getting the lowered M3 through my causeway and over rocks wouldn’t have been much fun. The GTI handles it all in its stride when use it to drive up the coast or the big smoke. Although I do wish I could have brought the M3 back to Aus with me. :frowning:

The Sirocco looks great. I love that fat hatchback look. What engine/gear box did you get?

Think vw only do scirocco in the 2.0L petrol with a turbo bolted on.

Good car, was with my dad when he test drove it, had plenty of go.

What barnz said.

Tbh though I have nfi, one of the boys from work told me to get it when I said I wanted a new car.

I test drove the r golf today. That was nice too.

What barnz said.

Tbh though I have nfi, one of the boys from work told me to get it when I said I wanted a new car.

I test drove the r golf today. That was nice too.

Yeah, I had a quick squiz on VW webpage and looks like it does only come in 2.0L TSI. Nice! Get the DSG gearbox and you will enjoy it even more.

My Step-Dad had the latest model Golf R and it was a ripper. The all-wheel drive makes it stick to the road like the proverbial to a blanket!

Someone we know bought his Tesla Model S down today. Very nice.
The front view, and the shot of the centre screen didn’t come out too well, so I’ve left them out.
So quiet. You don’t know it’s moving until you see it. You hear nothing.

Is that the one subject to a recall?

Yep. A seatbelt issue I believe.

Stunning machine though.

Stunning machine though.

Will be amazing seeing this thing out on the roads when the get electricity down there in Tassie. What’s he using it for at the moment?

Stunning machine though.

Will be amazing seeing this thing out on the roads when the get electricity down there in Tassie. What’s he using it for at the moment?

He has a little hamster wheel in the boot. He drives it until the hamsters get tired, then gives them some lettuce and a bowl of water, and then off he goes again. Ingenious really.

2016 Camaro just launched.

They’ve ruined it. Too lumpy.

Yeah they went too much Transformer not enough retro.

What do you think of the new Dodge Challenger, in terms of retro looks, I reckon they’ve nailed it. But well never see them in RHD, so no 707hp stock cars.

Uploaded with Imgupr

Have you got another angle o that tinhill? From that angle I’d say it has the same fault as the original, in that the boot is too long, and throws the whole car visually out of balance. But that could just be that particular pic.

And too Transformer describes the Camaro perfectly.

so i guess it needs a reboot then

If you want a Mustang here back orders has pushed deliveries out to mid 2017.

Yes.

You’d have to wonder if that level of demand raises any eyebrows at Dodge (challenger) or Chevy (camaro), or even the corvette.

If ever there was a time to bring them out its now.

Yes.

You’d have to wonder if that level of demand raises any eyebrows at Dodge (challenger) or Chevy (camaro), or even the corvette.

For godsake dont let Dodge bring the Challenger out here, I’m having enough trouble choosing my next company car without that out here to muddy the waters even further

Yes.

For godsake dont let Dodge bring the Challenger out here, I’m having enough trouble choosing my next company car without that out here to muddy the waters even further

They are a nice car. We hired a Dodge Challenger R/T when we were in the US a few years back and drove it around Florida and down to the bottom of Key West. Great muscle car, heaps of grunt and great in straight lines, but I wouldn’t want to throw it into too many corners. Like most American muscle cars it felt a bit like driving a overstuffed arm chair, albeit one propelled by a big V8.

Yes.

There is demand, but Ford won’t say how many are on order. They could only be bringing in 10 a year.

The old nightclub line sales strategy.