Cars for the people

Want to buy an SUV for the missus. Any recommendation for one < $40k. She likes the Honda HRV and CRV or the VW tiguana. Any other decent ones?
Mazda CX3 or CX5 if you need more room.

Turbo diesels are worth if in the CX5 if you are doing more than 25,000kms per year or just like the extra poke.

Dammit, she hates them. I love them but you never win in an argument with the wife.

A lot of Tiguans in my family, great cars bit pricey but just feels better to be in than the competitors. at least at the time (last year and 3 years ago)

Want to buy an SUV for the missus. Any recommendation for one < $40k. She likes the Honda HRV and CRV or the VW tiguana. Any other decent ones?

i had a couple of forestors over the years, not sure what the current ones are like, mine were good.

i had a couple of forestors over the years, not sure what the current ones are like, mine were good.

get the STi tuned one rosso. its an older one but its fair cool.

Almost zero cargo capacity these days.

Territory? EcoSport?

Territory interior is a bit outdated but Fords drive really nicely.

Also the Fiat 500X is nearly as bad as the Mini Countryman. Both are simply stupid and ugly.

CRV, anyone?

CRV, anyone?

Could do worse

CRV, anyone?

Could do worse

could do better, much better.

CRV, anyone?

Could do worse

could do better, much better.

It’s not exciting but it does the job. Might get some McLaren merch thrown in given F1 isn’t too far away.

Rossoneri, buy her whatever she likes the most. Happy wife/happy life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>than the “best” car.

There are not many bad cars available nowadays. Just some will suit your needs and preferences better than others.

Edit: I missed Em’s new car photo - looks awesome - hope you’re enjoying it.

Rossoneri, buy her whatever she likes the look of. Happy wife/happy life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>than the "best" car.

This man speaks sense

CRV, anyone?

Test drove one about 3 years ago. It had a fold down arm rest. Instantly thought “no”. The car screams old man to me.

FWIW bought a CX-5 GT Diesel instead. Love it. Plenty of poke with 420 nM of torque too.

CRV, anyone?
The new Kia Sportage looks pretty good, although again the critics are saying you need the turbo diesel if you want it to have decent get up & go. Stands out from the crowd too if that is important, as the XTrails, CRV's & Mazda's tend to look similar IMO.

New Ford GT?

Pulled up at the cafe today.

E-Type V12.

65k spent on the restoration so far.

Beautiful classic.

Oh man! Oh my!! Oh man!!!

My all-time favourite car in my all-time favourite colour.

Oh man!!!

british racing green mini is the dream for me.

Cooper S. With white roof and mini-lite wheels.