Cars for the people

On the subject of green cars, this ones a classic

Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imgupr

Eleanor from Steve McQueen’s Bullitt, an absolute icon.

Great stuff tinhillterror.

Cooper S. With white roof and mini-lite wheels.

Prefer JCW if its the dream mini.

Uploaded with Imgupr

I think Eleanor is from Gone in 60 seconds,

Id like to buy a second car, as a fun car to drive for now & to keep as investment, hope it appreciates or at least holds its value. I was thinking a Blue Subaru WRX or a Toyota Supra. i Currently have somewhere to garage it.
Daily Driver is a Subaru forester, problem is I don’t actually drive that much as have road bike and live close to work so hard to justify another car. But would prefer to get a second sports car than a new car for myself.

Id like to buy a second car, as a fun car to drive for now & to keep as investment, hope it appreciates or at least holds its value. I was thinking a Blue Subaru WRX or a Toyota Supra. i Currently have somewhere to garage it. Daily Driver is a Subaru forester, problem is I don't actually drive that much as have road bike and live close to work so hard to justify another car. But would prefer to get a second sports car than a new car for myself.

buy the last SS Commodore that rolls off the production line in a year to two’s time.

Id like to buy a second car, as a fun car to drive for now & to keep as investment, hope it appreciates or at least holds its value. I was thinking a Blue Subaru WRX or a Toyota Supra. i Currently have somewhere to garage it. Daily Driver is a Subaru forester, problem is I don't actually drive that much as have road bike and live close to work so hard to justify another car. But would prefer to get a second sports car than a new car for myself.

If collectibility is a priority, see if you can get hold of a gen1 Impreza STi two door. Or a restored Datsun 240Z. But you would need to keep the mileage down to expect price appreciation.

If just a fun weekend car, a used Madza MX5 cannot be beaten for the mixture of negligible running costs, reliability and durability and unparalleled (for the money) driving engagement. If you buy one in the ~$15,000 range depreciation will be minimised (albeit some maintenance costs to be expected on any car of that age)

The coolest looking car ever is an aw11 mr2.

Yeah, I love those. Way under-rated. Engine is utterly bulletproof, too.

get a 2015 mustang GT V8. If you’re lucky it’ll be here by the time you retire, and it’ll be collectable.

Uploaded with Imgupr

I think Eleanor is from Gone in 60 seconds,

Yes, you’re correct tinhillterror…my mistake.

Mixing up my movies and cars now, getting old damn it.

This is a welcome development, IMO. No way would I import a new European car and be left without warranty support, but a new JDM vehicle I would feel comfortable with. Heaps of stuff available overseas which we don't get access to in Aus. In particular, the availability of manual transmissions for those of us left who like to change their own gears.

Depends on the brand. If you hear Porsche Australia cry that they won’t be covering warranty issues, the fine print on their website says they do irrespective of which country you bought it from.

It’s only UK and Japan initially though too right?

This is a welcome development, IMO. No way would I import a new European car and be left without warranty support, but a new JDM vehicle I would feel comfortable with. Heaps of stuff available overseas which we don't get access to in Aus. In particular, the availability of manual transmissions for those of us left who like to change their own gears.

Depends on the brand. If you hear Porsche Australia cry that they won’t be covering warranty issues, the fine print on their website says they do irrespective of which country you bought it from.

It’s only UK and Japan initially though too right?

Yes. Right hand drive helps.

Yep. RHD markets only. Also for reasons of design regulations conformity.

Porsche would be maybe the one exception when I say I wouldn’t import a European brand. From what I read they are pretty bullet proof. But VW/Audi, BMW and anything French…no way. BMW in particular…shudders. Mercedes seem to have improved their quality dramatically of late, so I would be on the fence re. them. Maybe, maybe not.

Isn’t it under 12 months and 500ks?

Anyhow, still better than current system

Isn't it under 12 months and 500ks?

yanks can’t import anything until its 25 years old, ■■■■ that’d suck.

anyway reckon the nissan stagea would be a good get, skyline drivetrain in wagon form, I do like wagons.

Isn't it under 12 months and 500ks?

yanks can’t import anything until its 25 years old, ■■■■ that’d suck.

anyway reckon the nissan stagea would be a good get, skyline drivetrain in wagon form, I do like wagons.

Until these new laws come in its the same for us I think.

25 years old and prof that there’s been no mods. How the hell us supposed to prove that? And I think it’s one car every 5 years.

Would love to see more pimped out low riders.

Thought current laws were that it hadn’t been sold in aus or 25 years. Think USA is a blanket 25

CRV, anyone?
Don't know if you looking, but found this in today's Age. http://www.drive.com.au/what-car-should-i-buy/family-car/kia-sportage-v-hyundai-tucson-v-honda-crv-v-toyota-rav4-comparison-test-20160221-gmzwsc.html

Pulled up along a Mustang today. BEAST.