Cars for the people

Big, aren’t they. I was surprised. Guess I shouldn’t have been - they’re american after all.

Big, aren't they. I was surprised. Guess I shouldn't have been - they're american after all.

The local Ford dealer is right noext to my office and l have seen about 3 - 4 over the last six months. Very cool looking beasts they are as well. Although this is a quite area, there are a dozen + different car dealerships within a 2 block radius. The Ferrari / Maserati dealer two blocks down gets its own overhead traffic sign, and is directly across the road from the local Tesla dealer, which has a tiny showroom downtown, in the retail fashion area.

Jealous of the Capt’n I is.

Big, aren't they. I was surprised. Guess I shouldn't have been - they're american after all.

The local Ford dealer is right noext to my office and l have seen about 3 - 4 over the last six months. Very cool looking beasts they are as well. Although this is a quite area, there are a dozen + different car dealerships within a 2 block radius. The Ferrari / Maserati dealer two blocks down gets its own overhead traffic sign, and is directly across the road from the local Tesla dealer, which has a tiny showroom downtown, in the retail fashion area.

Lots of nice cars in Asia for sure. However from my experiences of living in Hongkers and Singapore they are all driven like they are a Hyundais… Should be some law that if you own a sports car then you at least drive at the freaking speed limits.

Our E36 M3 convertible, which was admittedly no slouch, used to eat Porsches, Ferraris and Lambos on the highway between the main island and the airport on a weekly basis. Such a nice run over all those bridges and a number of toll booths to slow down at and then woosh off from again. I so wish we could have brought it home with us… Estoril blue, black leather and only about 40K kms on the clock.

Mate just came back from Melbourne yesterday with this monster.
It’s a Walkinshaw.
It goes farking hard.
It sounds farking brilliant.

And seeing as it’s just another toy, to join his Landcruiser, Jeep, Phase 3 GTHO, 2 Harleys and a Kawasaki, my job is to convince him it would be best kept in my garage.

come on and slam…

and welcome to the jam…

It’s a bit too busy for me

Yep. Can’t say as I’d buy one. But if you gave it to me …

The sound under heavy throttle is just epic.

Ford have secured an additional 2000 Mustangs for Aus this year. Those who get it post July will get the upgraded version with Sync 3. If you want orange you’re out of luck.

2016 mini convertible is coming as well. Still doing it in a 4 seater which is still stupid.

To me any 4 seater convertible looks stupid.

2016 mini convertible is coming as well. Still doing it in a 4 seater which is still stupid.

e500 goes alright.

e500 goes alright.

Car looks okay until you put 4 people inside it.

e500 goes alright.

i’ve been in one, was fairly comfy.

e500 goes alright.

i’ve been in one, was fairly comfy.

I own a mini cooper and there is ample room in the back, but top down with 4 people just looks stupid!

top down on all cars looks stupid tho. except maybe the old MGs

Dunno about that… Just off the top of my head

But there are hideous ones

http://cache.trustedpartner.com/images/library/PalmBeachIllustrated2010/News%20&%20Blogs/Wheel/2011/Convert/fiat.jpg

technically no top at all, but the AC Cobra… drool.

t the AC Cobra... drool.

Yep. Ditto lambo and ferrari spiders.

Droptop astons aren’t half bad either.

I always thought the Honda S2000 looked good with its top down, and the Fiat Barchetta