Category B indigenous/multicultural rookies

I did not say that.

You still havenā€™t answered the circus freak question.

Risk management is a thing from big business through to gamblers.

It is not a problem of itself.

If some are saying we are too risk averse, well ok. However there are always some people who will be comfortable taking a greater risk than other people. It often depends on your circumstances.

It sounds like we have identified that we are a club that likes to operate at a lower risk threshold. However it also seems as if we are actively creating pathways for players who havenā€™t had one previously. I suggest that may be evidence of a club that wants to recruit these players, but are putting in place pathways that reduce the risk level first.

Canā€™t see anything at all wrong with that, assuming we are undertaking it with a reasonable level of intent.

3 Likes

I did.

Not really, just said some vague stuff about kids from african descent then attached your agenda to the articles about his past, which can also be used to highlight his resilience.

When facts arenā€™t facts anymore ā€¦

While I completely agree, we have managed to screw up our risk analyses monumentally in recent times.

And I think itā€™s fair to say that its list management risk analyses have also been failures, given the results of the ā€œcompeting for flagsā€ KPI.

Youā€™ve forgotten Austin Lucy!!!

2 Likes

I think that was all off field. The refusal to tank or do a full rebuild, then the saga sank a team on the cusp of challenging.

1 Like

Does this count?

ohh a board member that has sfa to do with recruiting.

Only if youā€™re numerate

I donā€™t have dog in this fight but are you saying Katie is completely ignorant about the clubā€™s recruiting practices or that she is excluded from all recruiting conversations within the club?

I have very little to do with recruiting, I promise you that.

Surely history shows that any rookie player - hell, any drafted player - is a risk. McKenna is another example I could have used. Sam Draper too.

Not sure why my comment in a completely other thread is being used in this one if Iā€™m honest.

3 Likes

Hi Katie, there has been some debate as to whether Gach Nyuon was perceived as a risk by the club when he was recruited. I used your comment as an example (it was fresh in my mind) that some people within the club may have thought Gachā€™s recruitment involved risk. I didnā€™t quote you to cast any aspersions.

2 Likes

Thanks mate.

Surely every recruit has an element of risk, and rookies would be considered a higher risk, otherwise they would have been picked in the main draft. Category B rookies a higher ā€˜riskā€™ again by definition.

2 Likes

Apparently we had a scout at the European Combine.

I recall reading something a couple of months back about an Irish kid we were looking at.

2 Likes

McDaid (whoā€™s at carlton now) and Okunbar.

Yeah, McDaid thatā€™s the guy.

Canā€™t be very good if Carlton picked him up.