Celebrity Deaths 2017

Yep, 4-1 up against Graf

The year she finally won Wimbledon a few years after was my favorite womens final ever.

Never been so happy before or since for any tennis player.

2 Likes

Yep I had his poster on my bedroom wall, couldn’t wait for countdown to come on to check him out :stuck_out_tongue: Another sad ending

You jinxed him.

When the Reaper calls …

How’s Leif Garrett going?

1 Like

Ashes to be scattered beneath a pear tree.

2 Likes

Cassidy lived some sort of life.
Must have been a trip to have been that popular at some stage in your life.

After a while I reckon it would have been a nightmare.

3 Likes

Indeed. My life went into limbo…

2 Likes

Didn’t have a poster but boy oh boy wow wee he was gorgeous.

RIP David.

Often does once a limb go …

He said it was horrible. I am sure for the a period it was fun but after a while it would become hard to deal with. A little adulation is fine, but screaming hordes and then the constant stalking would become grating, not to mention you can’t go anywhere.

1 Like

Also why the Beatles quit touring. That, and no one could hear their music for the screaming.

They couldn’t hear it either.

But that wasn’t the only reason they quit touring. They had been doing it for years and it was exhausting, as well as finding it hard to be creative and come up with new sounds and styles. So they stopped touring and focused instead on studio work. What they came up with was enormously influencing to the industry.

I know that IT. I’m a Beatles obsessive, and they had already recorded Rubber Soul and Revolver, before their last American tour, and felt they couldn’t reproduce the more complex songs live. However, getting out of the “mania” as George referred to it, was a significant reason they quit touring, which as what I was responding to. Anyway… getting off topic now.

Talking about the Beatles is never off topic.

2 Likes

I’m afraid I just don’t understand the screaming bit. Cheering I understand, but squealing and screaming?

2 Likes

Like the morons in the audience at ellen degeneres.

1 Like

I have an intense dislike of that woman.

1 Like