Celebrity Deaths 2017

Adults behaving like toddlers.

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume he’s feeling a little green?

1 Like

I think you’re barking up the wrong tree there

1 Like

Must be in the autumn of his life by now, so maybe not so green

1 Like

I can’t twig what’s happening here.

Or is it a massive oaks.

1 Like

Rance howard , Ron Howard`s father passed away at 89,

He played the sherriff in Cool hand luke , had roles in 57 movies and had about the same amount of appearances in TV shows .

I reckon i have probably watched most of his movies but had no idea who he was . Nothing new for me .

I recognise his weird cousin(?) more.

You aren`t talikng about his brother Clint ,are you , Wimmera1 ? He is weird looking.

1 Like

Hope Ted McGinley is ok.

Surprise surprise surprise, RIP Jim

Well golly. Was a big fan of Jim, both in his role as Gomer Pyle and as a recording artist. R.I.P. Jim

SHAZAM!!!

For shame, for shame, for shame!

1 Like

Very good voice, could really sing. not the sort of material l am very interested in listening to, but had a lot of vocal talent just the same.

Close enough to the end of the year for this summary. What a crap year .

HUGH HEFNER
MARY TYLER MOORE
GLEN CAMPBELL
RANCE HOWARD
JERRY LEWIS
CHUCK BERRY
MALCOLM YOUNG
GEORGE YOUNG
DON RICKLES
FATS DOMINO
CHRIS CORNELL
ERIN MORAN
DAVID CASSIDY
JANA NAVOTNA
CONNIE JOHNSON
AL JARREAU
DREW MORPHETT
LOU RICHARDS
BETTY CUTHBERT
TOM PETTY
CHESTER BENNINGTON
BILL PAXTON
ROGER MOORE
MICHAEL CHAMBERLAIN
ADAM WEST
JIM NABORS ( GOMER PYLE )
CHARLIE MURPHY
HARRY BEITZEL
DEAN MERCER
DAN WEBB
JAMES EGAN ( ARTIST )
JOHN HURT
D ICK GAUTIER ( HYMIE IN GET SMART )
CHARLES MANSON
ROBERT MILES
JONI SLEDGE
JUDITH MCGRATH ( PRISONER ,ALL SAINTS)
LES MURRAY
JILL SINGER
JOHN CLARKE ( COMEDIAN )
VAL JELLAY
J GEILS
SEAN HUGHES
ROSEMARY MARGAN

–

You forgot Gurrumul.

George Romero deserves a mention as the father of zombie movies. His works such as Dawn of the Dead and Creepshow were a treasure when I was growing up.

2 Likes

And included Manson … (under the reference of a crap year …)

He alone almost levels out all the crapness.

1 Like

I have probably missed a few more ,too.

Sue Grafton who wrote the Kinsey Millhone “alphabet” books (A is for Alibi, B is for Burglar etc) died on the 28th of December, having got all the way to Y is for.

Apparently there won’t be a Z. The books were started in the 80s and never really progressed too far in time, so she never had the private eye convenient inventions like mobile phones or the internet.

I suspect one of the main reasons is that her landlord was a bloke in his late 80s with siblings nearing the ton and raising the bat to the crowd. She didn’t want to write about any of them dropping off the perch. Also Kinsey was in her 30s, so was always active and rootable.

Grafton’s father was a noted mystery writer, and allegedly she got the idea for the books from thinking up ways to murder her then husband. Instead she dumped the pr*ck and made a motza from her books.

1 Like